Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

20 January 2006

Oh, by the way...

When you hear those words, do you automatically assume that the rest of the statment will not be one you really want to hear? As in, perhaps, "Oh, by the way, I have herpes and it's active right now." When I was in the Navy, we even had a special category of last-minute nastiness known as "By the ways". As in, "Oh, by the way, I know you've been up for 36 hours straight now, but there's a small hydraulic leak under the tube 12 muzzle hatch ram that you might want to take a look at before you crash." I thought about this as I was going to say a few words about my new picture (you DID notice the new picture, didn't you?). I was going to lead off with "Oh, by the way, my new picture ...", and so on, but the negative connotations of that phrase rose up and stopped me from doing that.

I'll just say that this picture is much more recent - and thus, much more representative of how I look today - than the previous one. The previous one was about 5 years old and happened to be the first head shot I found when I started putting this place together. This one is only 6 months or so old and was cropped out of a full-length shot. As the picture shows, my hair is now shorter, and I think my kids have added another layer of character (aka. wrinkles) to my face. I am also not wearing my glasses, so you'll just have to imagine them (rimless and demure, but cool). I realize I'm not really smiling, but the picture was spur-of-the-moment, taken by my niece as she was heading out the door to return home to Chicago. She told me that one of her friends complimented me on my collar bone, which I'm pretty sure is a first for me. Not the compliments, certainly, but the collar bone part. Collar bones? I guess it takes all kinds. (I'm kind of partial to metacarpals, myself.)

  • On 1/23/2006 4:00 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Email ... email ... I seem to dimly remember that I used to deal with something like that ... :-)

    Don't worry about delays in getting messages out. I'm one of the world's worst when it comes to keeping up with my correspondence. Probably because I spend so much time posting comments all over. OK, that and working and trying to keep up with a house and kids and an actual life.

    And I TOTALLY understand being a shoe whore, especially where mules are concerned!

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page