Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

10 January 2006

Talent

I'm convinced that everyone has a unique talent. I'm not talking about the big ones, like the normal ones that can be discovered/displayed in a Talent Contest. I'm talking about little things that you might be naturally excellent at that very few others can do. For instance, in the show business sense, I have a very good sense of comic timing and that serves me well on stage. But that's not the talent I have that I think is unique - that talent is finding four-leaf clovers. I personally know that four-leaf clovers don't bring you any more luck than anything else because I've found literally hundreds of them over the years and even some five-leaf clovers. Well, maybe they do bring luck since I guess I might have died years ago had I not found those clovers.

Anyway, finding four-leaf clovers is my unique talent. What's yours? (and yes, that's a blatant fishing expedition for comments here.)

  • On 1/10/2006 9:49 AM, Blogger BagOfNothing.com said…

    my talent relates to watching TV. when a commercial comes on, I'm pretty darn good at channel surfing and getting back to the program I was watching before all the commercials are over. my other TV talent involves the Tivo fast forward button. I can fast foward and stop right on que. Harder than you might thingk

     
  • On 1/10/2006 2:53 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    I have a talent for getting by with the minimum of effort. But, wait, that's probably not unique. Hell, I don't know what talent I have that might be unique. I have an infinite capacity to love and to forgive. Surely that's as rare as finding four leaf clovers? :)

     
  • On 1/10/2006 3:01 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    All my friends keep telling me that they obviously have that infinite love and forgiveness talent ... otherwise they couldn't be my friends!

     
  • On 1/11/2006 11:59 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Jen, can you teach me how to do that lipstick thing? I'll help you find 4-leaf clovers. Lipstick is about the only thing I'm insecure about with regards to my appearance. (No m'am. No ego problems here.)

    I know, I know: talent can't be taught. You either got it or you don't.

     
  • On 1/12/2006 1:44 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    OK. I can manage to eat without losing lipstick. But kiss? I have to know how you "cultivated" that particular ability!

     
  • On 1/12/2006 2:35 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Yeah, yeah - it's that kissing ability I want to cultivate, too!

     
  • On 1/13/2006 2:37 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    Jen, you are so totally awesome!

     
  • On 1/13/2006 3:39 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    OMG, isn't she?! I think I started getting excited at the first *slurp*!

    Jen, I already know plenty of kissing tricks. I just want to not have to worry about my lipstick when I use them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page