Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

15 February 2006

Beauty Tip/Warning

Do you use an exfoliating scrub to wash your face? You know, the soupy soap with sand in it? If so, here's a beauty tip ... and a warning: DON'T GET THAT SHIT IN YOUR EYE!! What could be worse? It's sand and it's soap in your eye simultaneously. (OK, maybe if they put jalapeno pepper juice in it as an astringent, but I think the Geneva convention forbids that kind of thing.) Anyway, after maybe 30 or so years of using stuff like that to wash my face without any problems, I got some in one eye this morning while washing my face in the shower. It REALLY hurt like hell and my red, swollen eye was not pretty at all. That's the beauty tip, BTW: keep everything out of your eyes except your eyeballs because the eyeballs are really big and there's just no room in there for anything else. Hopefully this time will be a learning experience and I'll never, ever, ever do it again. And maybe this will serve as a warning and no one else will have to suffer like I did today.

Just trying to do my part to make the world a better, safer place.

  • On 2/15/2006 7:35 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    You're weird. Maybe too weird for words.

    There's a reason we're friends...

     
  • On 2/16/2006 10:11 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    When Cyndi tells me, "You're really fuckin' weird!" my response has always been, "And what does that say about you that you've hung around with me for damned near 40 years?"

    To me, weird means different; my kids know that I'm weird and that that isn't a bad thing at all because I'm proud of being something other than ordinary.

     
  • On 2/16/2006 4:45 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Just one eyeball is smoother: the one that DIDN'T get soapy grit in it! (For those keeping score, that's the right eyeball. The left one got sanded. The other ones are the same.) At this rate, I'm going to be shaving my legs in Braille.

     
  • On 2/16/2006 9:53 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    You *shave* your legs?! How barbaric. ;)

     
  • On 2/17/2006 2:21 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    I only shave them when my hedge trimmer isn't working ... because when he IS working, he does an excellent job!

     
  • On 2/21/2006 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh, ouch! I dropped by to say thank you so much for what you said on my blog in response to the recent adoption-related post. It was like a dose of light, along with the other delightful comments thereon, when I got up this morning. Such a blessing!

    On the subject of facial scrub, you've got to watch it in the shower as well. Not only can it cause serious grief in the eye, but, um, it can also get into places when you wash it off your face, as it, um, travels down.

    So the rule is, when using scrub in the shower, make sure everything is rinsed. Everything, I say! :-) x

     
  • On 2/21/2006 12:02 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    SpicyCauldron - I'm so glad you stopped by and you're very welcome! I am a MAJOR proponent of adoption (and also of the right to abortion, which some people have a hard time reconciling) and want everyone to know that your children are your children, regardless of whether they were delivered to you vaginally or by the postman. BTW, you should read my "To My Child" post in the January archives.

    As for the scrub, I appreciate your warning, also. I've been using that stuff in the shower for literally years and this was the first time I've ever had a problem of any kind. I guess it was kind of a Murphy-esque karmic accumulation?

     
  • On 2/22/2006 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Were you distracted at the time? Did the gorgeous window cleaner turn up and surprise you? Or maybe you were dreaming of a date with your favourite celebrity/hero/heroine? :-)

    I shall dig around for that post. Sounds interesting. x

     
  • On 2/22/2006 10:09 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Not being a morning person at all (yet being forced to work during daylight hours), I just might have been dreaming in the shower. I know I have a tendency to just zone out sometimes ... even when I'm not standing under rushing hot water. But as I recall, the only thing I did was open my eyes at the most inopportune of times. You'd think that by the time one is pushing 60, experience would start to win out and keep you from doing so many stupid things. But if you're very inventive, I guess you can always come up with new and different ways to fuck up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page