Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

13 February 2006

If I HAVE to write something ...

OK, lately life has been sneaking up on me and draggging me away from my keyboard, so I haven't been able to post here as often as I'd like, but that's the way it is. (At least Denise has a REAL excuse!) Being really busy hasn't changed much, but I did want to mention a few things ... and try to at least look like I'm keeping up here.

First, go to Jay Sennett's Jaywalking blog and pick your favorite cartoons. The top vote-getter will be indelibly transferred to a T-shirt that you can then purchase for a nominal sum. Good deal!

Second, I did want to mention several coming blog attractions, just as soon as I can get the ideas transferred into words and then moved from my brain to my fingers to my keyboard to here: my FtM seminar, being a caregiver/supporter and my kids' sense of humor. Don't miss 'em!

Finally, I'm just really tired of cold weather (people north of Interstate 10, all together now: "AWWWWW!") and not having any money (people struggling to pay off student loans and eat: "AWWWWW!"). What that means is that I can't wear any of my pretty sandals (without serious risk of frostbite), and I can't buy any new ones. It really IS all about me, you know ... at least today it is.

  • On 2/13/2006 4:42 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Last year, I was out shopping with my niece (the day b4 she took the picture here, in fact), and I was wearing my favorite pair of mules (white, strappy, comfy, cute, sexy) and the soles on both of them literally fell off within three steps of each other and the damned things just disintegrated. My niece laughed so hard she almost experienced a urinary event. I threw the remnants in a trash can in the mall and was forced to walk barefoot to a Payless and buy a new pair. Now I'm thinking of spraying a couple of my older/less favorite pairs with something like acid or glue eater, so I'll HAVE to go shoe shopping again for spring.

     
  • On 2/15/2006 10:07 AM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    ::chuckles:: Looking forward to the new posts. Hey, Jen! Why don't YOU ever post pictures of your shoes? Hmmmm??? :)

     
  • On 2/15/2006 11:48 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Yay for shoe pix!!

     
  • On 2/21/2006 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And there's nowt wrong with it being about you. Or shoes. Besides, so long as everything we do is tempered by compassion - including compassion for self as well as others - then balance is always the outcome. x

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page