Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

07 March 2006

Odds & ends, Bits o' bytes, etc.


I.
Can you read this?

Spupsledoy olny srmat poelpe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at
Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod
are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in
the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed
it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed
ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig, huh? And I
awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!


II.
Are you a Cool Person?

Spend a minute - go here to take a brief test and find out if you're really cool.


III.
FREE Phone Number

Cell phone companies in the U.S. are charging $1.00 or more for 411 / information calls when they don't have to. When you need to use 411 / information to get a phone number, simply dial 1-800-FREE-411 (or 1-800-373-3411) without incurring a charge at all except for the minutes required to make the call. It works on any phone, too. The only catch is that sometimes - but not every time - you have to listen to a 15 second commercial before you get the number you ask for.


IV.
Bumper stickers

I was driving behind a pickup truck this morning that had a sticker on each side of the back bumper. The one behind the driver was simply a stylized cartoon rainbow frog (kiss him and he turns into Prince?) but the one on the passenger side was the one I really liked. It was a muted rainbow background with the words: "No - It's not just a tomboy phase!"


V.
Billboards you'll never see:





...and yes, I stoleborrowed these from dribbleglass.com.

  • On 3/09/2006 11:11 AM, Blogger She says said…

    Thanks for these tidbits. I absolutely and complete snagged some of your post -- with appropriate credit, of course.

    Thanks!

     
  • On 3/09/2006 3:48 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Help yourself! My next post here is all your fault, BTW.

     
  • On 3/09/2006 5:56 PM, Blogger She says said…

    Excellent! Looks like you had fun!

     
  • On 3/10/2006 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interestingly, I find the missing word text to look very much like early English, from Chaucer's time for example, when spelling wasn't standardised. Language both frees us and imposes limitations. I experiment with it sometimes; I wrote one poem which was so bizarre, it was nothing but nonsense words. I didn't post it to my blog, it was so weird but it had rhymes and read like it was written in tongues, or some strange European dialect... I might yet post it.... hmm.... x

     
  • On 3/13/2006 5:11 PM, Blogger She says said…

    Hey, you're famous. Ambib linked to my copy of your post. I guess we're a coupla' girls who get around the 'net!

     
  • On 3/14/2006 3:59 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    If we all understand what you meant (now THAT's a scary thought!), then we're all smart!

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page