Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

24 April 2006

Please Don't

It isn't pretty, it is preachy and I know you've all heard it before, but as someone who has lived with the victim of a drunk driver for over 25 years, the following means a lot to me.



Watch Jacqui's plea.

  • On 4/24/2006 1:04 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    It dosen't matter that it's been said before. People's lives are still ruined or taken by the senseless acts of those who drink and then get behind the wheel. It doesn't hurt to have a pubic service reminder now and again.

    I doubt that Jacqui will ever again look in a mirror and love the image looking back at her (I hope that's not true, however). Regardless of that, I hope she finds value in her living, and even in her friends' deaths. I don't want to preach vengeance, I want to preach reform, moderation and love for others (so much love that you would not consider even taking the tiniest of risks of harming them by driving impaired).

     
  • On 4/24/2006 2:20 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    FWIW, Jacqui has forgiven the boy who caused her injuries, and he has done a lot to atone for his mistake, including owning up to it and doing PSAs of his own against drunk driving.

    I agree that love for our fellows is the key but for many that gets forgotten and the stupids set in when they get shit-faced. I'm afraid that even with the recent rise of drunk-driving prosecutions and the lowering of the blood alcohol limits that we still don't take driving drunk that seriously. Too many defense attorneys simply have to ask a jury, "How many of you have driven drunk? Would you convict someone of doing what you have done?"

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page