Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

04 April 2006

Without DeLay

I know the political pundits will be all over the story of Tom DeLay's resignation from Congress from now until ... oh, I guess until it's not a story any more. But since he represents MY congressional district, I feel obligated to throw in my nickel's worth (even though I never voted for him). Taken with all the other recent scandals and restrictions and the continuing decline of the president's approval rating, I really hope this marks a return to balance in our government and the decline of the radical right-wing Republican religious zealots. Please ...

  • On 4/04/2006 11:53 PM, Blogger She says said…

    The only bad part about this whole thing, as far as I'm concerned, is that in order for him to be taken off the ballot in November, he has to move out of the district (or die). Unless he keels over, that means he's moving his residence to the DC-metro area.

    Eeeuw. Yuck.

     
  • On 4/05/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Well, he's already stated that he will be moving to your part of the world. It's that or die or be convicted of a felony to get off the ballot here. It wouldn't bother me if the last reason removed him from the ballot, but I doubt that the justice system can move that fast. Hey, maybe he'll just go back into the bug-killing business up there. I'm sure DC can always use another exterminator to get rid of the vermin.

     
  • On 4/05/2006 9:55 AM, Blogger She says said…

    But he IS the vermin..!

    ::sigh::

     
  • On 4/05/2006 10:48 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    You know how cockroaches can scuttle and hide, but every now and then you can catch 'em and squish 'em.

     
  • On 4/10/2006 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's not a day goes by when I don't hope and pray your country and mine have turned things around. But every day I'm sad to say I don't see it - dramas like this one aren't the main show, they're distractions if anything. Still, it's always nice when bad guys get caught out.

    If the focus was on Bush and stayed on Bush, though, you might stand a chance of change. Every time the spotlight moves away from that particular cockroach, he's free to relax and breathe despite making Nixon look as sweet and wholesome as the Tooth Fairy. x

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page