Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

10 May 2006

My Baby!

This past weekend my daughter got her ears pierced. She will be five years old in two weeks and this was her decision. She and her mom were out at the mall when she asked if she could have her ears pierced while passing a jewelry store. Her mom and I had already discussed this issue and decided that when she was ready for it, we would allow her to do it. So now she is wearing earrings.

What makes that fact blogworthy (to me) is how that simple act has changed my perception of my daughter: she's not just a large baby any more. Now when I look at her I see the woman (and a damned beautiful and intelligent one!) that she will become. This change in how I see her now is amazing to me, especially in light of the fact that it was apparently triggered by putting on earrings. Parents are strange, aren't they?

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page