Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

20 June 2006

Another Year

Yes, for those of you who haven't heard, today is my birthday. I was born on this day about 9:00 PM (Central) in 1948; if you want to know how old I am, consider that today's math exercise.

I got a bunch of birthday cards, but my two favorite ones came from my son and my spouse.
From my 10-year-old son -
Front of card: Picture of dinosaur roaring.
Inside: "Look! I managed to find one of those 'The Year You Were Born' cards. Happy Birthday!"

From my partner/spouse -
Front of card: "Sometimes I hear you doing something somewhere in the house, and I think of our lovely life together and I smile."
Inside: "Then I hear a thud, a crash and cursing. Not as lovely but I still smile. Happy Birthday."

See what I have to put up with?

  • On 6/20/2006 10:47 AM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    Happy Birthday, dear friend!

    I once got a card from my youngest daughter that fits right in with the one from your spouse, so I thought I'd share it with you:

    Front of card: "To someone who could have her ('his' crossed out and replaced by 'her' by my daughter) own home fix-it show on television"

    Inside: "Of course, it'd have to be on the Comedy Channel"

    She knows me too well! :)

    Hope your day is fabulous!

     
  • On 6/22/2006 2:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, oh, a belated happy birthday to you! I'm so sorry I missed reading this on the day. So much on my mind. I hope it was a wonderful day, my friend! x

     
  • On 6/22/2006 12:53 PM, Blogger Friðvin said…

    Happy Birthday Jami! I missed the post yesterday.

     
  • On 6/22/2006 12:53 PM, Blogger Friðvin said…

    Oh I guess it was TWO days ago. Damn how time flies when you're having fun! (or not).

     
  • On 6/22/2006 1:38 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Thanks everyone! The push is still on to have today declared a national holiday. If so, there won't be any excuse to miss it.

     
  • On 6/22/2006 2:02 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    I didn't know there was a push on to declare June 22 a national holiday. Excellent! We need more non-working days.

     
  • On 6/22/2006 2:28 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Yep. See, it works like this: June 20 is MY BIRTHDAY (also Nicole Kidman's, Cyndi Lauper's and Anne Murray's) as well as the last day of spring - we should already have that day off. June 21 is the first day of summer - another natural holiday. But June 22 should be a day of reflection (and recuperation) as we then ramp up to the Fourth of July.

     
  • On 6/26/2006 10:10 AM, Blogger She says said…

    Happy Belated Birthday! The way I figure it, it's still your birthday so long as you continue to get wishes and presents... so Happy Birthday.

    Clearly the world is a better place because you are in it. Definitely a reason to celebrate!

     
  • On 6/26/2006 11:54 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Thanks again! I like the idea that your birthday isn't over until everyone quits congratulating you on surviving for another year. Therefore, I'm gonna continue to PAR-TAY!

     
  • On 6/26/2006 12:11 PM, Blogger SoulPony said…

    i missed your birthday. sorry! we have been so busy lately. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page