Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

05 June 2006

More diversions by Bush

MSNBC has an article headlined Bush pushes for gay marriage ban that only goes to prove once again that this government really doesn't want the public to be thinking about the bad stuff (like the war and the economy and our increasingly shitty world reputation) but to instead concentrate on those issues that will make us "better".
“Marriage between one man and one woman does a better job protecting children better than any other institution humankind has devised,” said Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn. “As such, marriage as an institution should be protected, not redefined.”
Of course, we all know that's true because of how well our children have been protected so far from the secret tools of the Vast Homosexual Agenda, tools like war and child labor and domestic abuse and ...

[Update 07 June 2006]: The amendment didn't pass ... thankfully.

  • On 6/05/2006 6:04 PM, Blogger Heidi Grether said…

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Now, you know you are inviting a totally Catholic Christian who attempts to live according to the Catechism. . . so you don't have to even guess as to my beliefs about any issues.

    But maybe how I communicate my beliefs and that I am committed to not judging nor condemning those who don't join my passion for the Catholic faith is a twist on the stereotypical perception of us zealots!

    Thanks for your kind words and warm visit!

     
  • On 6/06/2006 8:55 AM, Blogger SoulPony said…

    I TiVo The View and they had a shouting match on there yesterday and everyone ganged up on Elizabeth who thinks that the problem is liberal judges. It really got out of hand and as much as I don't like confrontation it was good to see just this once.

    I am obviously not the only person bothered by picking out certain groups of people and making them the scapegoat for our own self-loathing in hopes no one will pay attention to what we are doing. That I'm proud of.

     
  • On 6/06/2006 11:57 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Hattiegrace - I don't have to guess at all about your beliefs since I've lived with a Catholic woman for over 35 years. Now, she doesn't agree with the Pope on a number of issues, but still counts herself as a Catholic. I don't count myself as much of anything when it comes to religion, but I'd like to think that I wouldn't embarrass either Jesus or Buddha with my behavior towards others. I don't believe that people of intelligence and grace who profess a religion ARE their religion, only that their religion is a part of how they view the world and interact with it.

    Tonya - liberal judges? Liberal judges made people fall in love? What some judges - liberal and conservative alike - HAVE done is to say that discrimination in this country isn't right. My only thought exercise on this issue would be to have people substitute "race" or "religion" for "sexual orientation" in the argument.

     
  • On 6/06/2006 9:55 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    I just realized that for some folks a thought exercise is heavy lifting. ;)

     
  • On 6/10/2006 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page