Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

21 June 2006

Smile When I Say That

In response to an overwhelming number of requests (my thanks to both of you), I'm finally posting a video of one of my stage performances. This video was shot in the Fall of 2004 at the Southern Comfort Conference's Talent Show in Atlanta. Mara Kiesling was the emcee.

Although I'm always very funny, let me preface your viewing with a few words of warning: the quality of the video is not very good, the lighting is bad, and my voice is almost non-existent. (I came down with some respiratory gazootix the day before the show that eliminated most of my voice, but in the best show biz tradition, didn't let that stop me.) But this IS one of the few videos I have where you can hear the audience reaction and it's also the latest one I have because I haven't had time to do many performances since and many venues don't allow taping or picture-taking.

Watch me at SCC

  • On 6/21/2006 4:22 PM, Blogger FriĆ°vin said…

    That was great! Hilarious, and I did "enjoy the ride."

     
  • On 6/21/2006 10:26 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    My connection is too slow to download this now. Too bad, because I wasn't at SCC in '04. However, I have (of course) seen your act many times and it's never failed to engender great fits of laughter. You're a marvelous comic. I look forward to getting home with a decent connection and watching this one!

     
  • On 6/22/2006 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry I haven't been around lurking for a while, I've been busy with my MA project and continue to be while I've also suffered bereavement as you know from the kind comment you left - the death of my 19-year-old tabby cat and long-time best friend and confidante leaves me limbless, it feels, and in a dark space. So I intend to watch the video, soon, but when I have the ability to smile and receive warmth into my soul better than I do right now.

    If I feel like anything, it's an ice cube. Cold, distant, despairing. I know it will get better; a part of me doesn't want it to as that would seem betrayal of nineteen years of shared devotion. So bear me with. I'm trying to climb back up. x

     
  • On 6/22/2006 7:39 AM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    Andy, watch the video now. NOW is when you need to find the ability, lost within you, to laugh. Who better to laugh at than Jami! :)

    Seriously, watch it now.

     
  • On 6/23/2006 6:50 AM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    OK, now I've watched it. Very good, Jami, as always.

    And, for the record, I *might* be transgendered. But, most of all, I can damn well guarantee you that I'm enjoying my ride! :)

     
  • On 6/26/2006 11:52 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Aww, shucks, y'all ... thanks. A great big THANKS, actually. Praise is always appreciated. Hell, criticism is appreciated, too, but good words always sound lots better!

     
  • On 6/26/2006 12:10 PM, Blogger SoulPony said…

    loved it. finally got to see more than one dimension. yeah, and keep posting your performances when ya get 'em. we all want to see 'em.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page