Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

01 September 2006

Where were you?

A recent ad campaign to (ostensibly) raise money for the World Trade Center Memorial asks "Where were you when it happened?" I cannot tell you how pissed-off I was when I first read about it, but John in DC captured my emotional state pretty well in his post over at AMERICAblog. Go read that one, too.

(I think I'm going to have to partake of some of my blue agave blood pressure medicine tonight.)

  • On 9/01/2006 1:35 PM, Blogger FriĆ°vin said…

    Yep, there's too much to rant and rave about this week for sure. And that blood pressure medicine is getting damned expensive.

     
  • On 9/01/2006 3:24 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Here's the secret: use the expensive stuff for the first 2 "doses" and then switch to some cheap shit. After the first couple of "doses", you can't taste the difference.

     
  • On 9/01/2006 3:49 PM, Blogger SoulPony said…

    My son's 16 year old friend died driving home after spending the night with us the same time as 9-11 and we were dealing with that. I really didn't feel like one tragedy out weighed another.

    I like his ad campaign at the bottom of the post. We should run with that.

     
  • On 9/01/2006 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one pissed off about this. I first saw it on Americblog too and loved his version of the ad with an empty oval office. So last night I did a post on the ad campaign and Keith Olbermann's powerful editorial as well as some other stuff that's got me irritated.

    As for Keith, well, That was perhaps the finest example of journalism in my lifetime. I saw on Daily Kos were the right wingers are calling for his execution. I for one call him a real patriot. Not bad for a former SportsCenter Anchor!

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page