Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

05 November 2006

Roller Derby rolls on

Just for fun, go see the Houston Chronicle's promotion of Houston Roller Derby in

I've even considered getting involved, but I know I don't have the time ... and probably not the body, either. Still, it might be fun.

Oh, and the 4 teams playing in Houston are the Bayou City Bosses, the Burlesque Brawlers, the Machete Betties and the Psych Ward Sirens.

  • On 11/06/2006 4:02 AM, Blogger Michael Bains said…

    Nope. There's absolutely no way I could go to see this.

    I'd be much too likely end up gettin' married to one of the "Psych Ward Sirens".

    D'oh!

     
  • On 11/07/2006 12:26 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    That's OK - I was thinking that if I ever went out for a team, I'd want to be on the Machete Betties. And my "derby name" would be May Hem.

     
  • On 11/08/2006 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am SO happy to see this taking off in other cities. Some months ago, Richmond started up its league. Most of the teams have a presence on MySpace too, if you're looking for updates.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page