Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

26 April 2007

Reality

I happen to know that reality isn't. I don't mean the fact that everyone sees things differently and therefore has a slightly different relative reality. And I certainly am most definitely NOT referring to the absurdities known as "Reality Television"! No, I'm referring to the fact that reality is not stable; it changes. I know this because as I was waking up the other day I found myself wondering why even though summer is right around the corner I haven't seen any bed cooler commercials on TV this year. But once I was awake I realized that there's no such thing as a bed cooler - not in this reality, anyway. I'm pretty sure I remembered them, though, so maybe I happened to be aware enough to catch things just at the shift from THAT reality to this one: the one without bed coolers.

I know, when I say things like this it's easy to dismiss them with, "Well, she's definitely a taco shy of a #4 combo plate." But tell me, am I the only one who remembers having wings? Who remembers being able to actually fly and how tired your chest got from flying a long way and how you always felt a little dorky at the end of that long flight because your legs would get droopy because you got tired of holding them up? Who remembers that chairs were made differently to fit wings and how at the end of a long, bad day your wings would just drag along behind you and get dirty? Is it just me or did your reality shift when you weren't looking, too?

  • On 4/27/2007 12:49 PM, Blogger robkroese said…

    I'm still trying to get used to walking without a tail. You'd be surprised how easy it is to lose your balance.

     
  • On 4/30/2007 6:49 PM, Blogger Maya's Granny said…

    I don't remember having wings, but I often wake up concerned about something that doesn't belong to this reality. Trying to get out of paying a parking ticket just because I left the car there for ten years, which I wouldn't have done if I had been able to find it sooner.

     
  • On 5/01/2007 10:52 AM, Blogger Sherri said…

    I don't miss my wings too much as I still hover just above the ground. (It's a goddess thing. We hover.)

     
  • On 5/01/2007 1:30 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Since I'm just a drudge, all I can do is hoover.

     
  • On 5/09/2007 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reality? I'm totally grounded in reality.

    The Polar Bear

     
  • On 5/10/2007 4:28 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    It's good to be grounded in reality; that way you won't be shocked by it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page