Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

16 May 2007

Aussies go crazy for cat poo coffee

(For Jen:)

Reuters posted an article titled "Aussies go crazy for cat poo coffee" about Kopi Luwak coffee from Indonesia. Never heard of Kopi Luwak? Here's a quick explanation:
Kopi Luwak, made in neighboring Indonesia from coffee beans excreted by native civet cats, is reputedly the world's rarest and most expensive coffee, painstakingly extracted by hand from the animals' forest droppings.
Selling for around A$50 a cup, apparently this is some really good shit!

  • On 5/16/2007 5:39 PM, Blogger Dan said…

    Now I'm getting a hankering for Kopi Luwak flavored ice cream.

     
  • On 5/16/2007 7:45 PM, Blogger hotdrwife said…

    I'm a coffee whore, but that might even be too much for me! :)

    And really, who THINKS of this stuff?? That wouldn't occur to me in a million years, but whatever.

     
  • On 5/17/2007 11:29 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Dan - with truffles on top!

    HDW - I have a bit I do about "first time foods" where I basically reflect about things like beer (which is just grain that has gotten wet and then gone bad) or eggs ("I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes out of that bird's ass.") Somebody had to be having a really MAJOR coffee jones to start picking the beans out of cat shit.

     
  • On 5/26/2007 2:04 PM, Blogger Sweeti said…

    I think I'd give up my life blood (Coffee)before I'd drink that. Why can't we leave well enough alone, Next thing you hear will be the are harvesting cocoa beans the same way and I'll go balistic.

     
  • On 7/07/2007 9:11 PM, Blogger X said…

    I've been seriously trying to avoid coffee that tastes like shit, but now this has me thinking...I wonder if coffee that passes through another being's intestines is more likely to give you a great caffeine buzz?

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page