Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

24 May 2007

Long live the Queen!

My youngest, most beautiful, smartest and most talented daughter - my only daughter, in fact - was born six years ago today! Named for Queen Victoria (her first two names, anyway), she has always ruled her family's hearts, even her big brother's although he won't admit it. She's been through a lot in her short life, but has come through it all. It is my fervent hope that she has gotten her life's troubles out of the way early and that the remainder of her long and glorious life will be filled with happiness and all her dreams coming true. I love you, Yakkity!

  • On 5/24/2007 11:21 PM, Blogger none said…

    Happy birthday to the little one!

     
  • On 5/25/2007 12:47 PM, Blogger robkroese said…

    Happy Birthday, Queen! She's almost the exact same age as my daughter, Her Majesty, Speed Pony.

     
  • On 6/01/2007 10:02 AM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    Dammit! You are so much more smarter than me! Linking stuff like that. I shoulda linked a picture of BrynLeigh Jade when I put her name in my post! (Not that you linked a picture of your Queen, but linking another Queen is close!)

    Love your blog! That fast food story was superb! When I have kids in the car, I tell them, "You'd better tell me what you want before I get to that speaker, or you don't get anything! And then, if you talk and try to change your mind while I'm ordering, you don't get anything either!" I'm a mean mommy/granny/nanny.

    I hate sitting there with everyone talking at once, throwing out, "I want a cheeseburger... no wait, I want chicken nuggest! No... I want a shake, can I have a shake instead of food? Can I have the Shrek in my happy meal instead of Fiona?"

     
  • On 6/01/2007 11:10 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Teri, the best I can do as far as a picture of my baby girl is this. (Look! More linking.) As for why there aren't any more here, just to play it safe I don't post pictures of my family or our house or such.

    Sometimes it's just easier to say, "I'll have one of everything", pick out what you want when the bag comes into the car and just let the rest of the folks in the car fight over what's left. And if you have an entrepreneurial bent, you could do that last part in the parking lot and sell tickets.

     
  • On 6/01/2007 11:22 AM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    I shall certainly do that "grab bag" idea next time I find myself in line at a fast food joint with one or more children in the car!

    I'm confused. Is the Queen your daughter? In the picture you say that she's with her mother. I must not know the story.

    (guess this calls for another link?) ;)

     
  • On 6/01/2007 12:06 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    The Queen (Yakkity to those who know her) is indeed my daughter. I'm her other parent. Maybe there will be some further enlightenment to be found here. More links!

     
  • On 6/01/2007 12:10 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    See! I knew I was missing a piece! :)

    Cool, man! Love it!

    Thanks for sharing and be sure to stop by my place often.

    Meow.

     
  • On 6/01/2007 12:31 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    By the way, I'm intently reading the article now. I think it's the very best thing I've ever read on the subject and your clarification of sex, sexuality and gender is brilliant!

    Also, I love your response to the overtly personal genitals question!

    Purrrrrrrrrrrfect!

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page