Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

15 May 2007

The show goes on

I have moved the videos of some of my standup comedy to YouTube. They were originally posted at blip.tv, but it seems that they're no longer there. The problem with moving them is that the first one exceeded YouTube's 10 minute limit, therefore I had to break it into two pieces. (And no, that wasn't a blatant attempt at upping the number of my videos.) So to keep y'all in the loop, the YouTube links are below:


2002 - Part 1


2002 - Part 2


2004 - Part only

Now that I've been doing this for a while, there are a couple more videos out on my YouTube site.

  • On 5/16/2007 11:07 AM, Blogger robkroese said…

    I'm having a hard time hearing a lot of it. The sound ain't so great.

    How long have you been doing standup? How'd you get started? (I think about doing it myself sometime, mostly because the thought of it scares me to death).

     
  • On 5/16/2007 12:24 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Yeah, I know the audio and the video on these sucks, but they were shot with a handheld camera with no direct mic input, just ambient. I've tried to clean up the audio as best I can (nobody cares much about the video) but GIGO. Sorry.

    I started doing standup in 1995, essentially for the reason you listed - I'd always wanted to but was scared to do so. Long story short, I finally just did it: I wrote up about 10 minutes of material in the afternoon, kinda/sorta memorized it and then performed it that evening. Got lotsa laughs - but then I always do. OK, to be honest, I've walked off stage once knowing that I'd probably have gotten more laughs if I'd just gone out and shit on the stage. But just that once.

     
  • On 5/16/2007 2:30 PM, Blogger Howard said…

    Ooo! I can't wait to watch them tonight.

     
  • On 5/16/2007 5:40 PM, Blogger paisley said…

    jami,
    i have stopped by before but failed to comment... so i wanted to let you know i am enjoying your blog... it is funny, informative and very diverse... thank you for sharing the stand up.. it was amazing to see a fellow blogger in action!!!!

    thanks for dropping in,, hope to see you there again... ill be back here i assure you!!!

     
  • On 5/17/2007 11:31 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Paisley - thanks for stopping by and for the nice words! And just FYI, paisley is my favorite color.

     
  • On 5/21/2007 7:09 PM, Blogger Sherri said…

    Your little black dress and Moulin Rouge walk makes you an official Hoochie Mama. I'll get your award...a plastic tiara missing a coupla stones and a pack of Virginia Slims... in the mail immediately.

    BTW, according to your "You might be transgender" test, I am. I thought that might be a penis in my pocket but figured maybe I was just glad to see myself.

    (I have that last little about the ride you talked about on a wooden plaque in my office!)

     
  • On 5/22/2007 1:10 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Thanks! I've always wanted a tiara since Jen got one. The Virginia Slims? I think I've still got a pack of menthols somewhere from when I quit smoking in 1984 - just in case I got really desperate and just HAD to have one more.

     
  • On 5/26/2007 12:52 AM, Blogger robkroese said…

    Well, I admire your courage. Some day I'll get up the guts.

     
  • On 7/05/2007 7:56 PM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    I just LOVED the last one! I couldn't hear the first one so gave up and went straight to the third. I curled up with my freshly painted toenails, G&T and giggled away.

    You got yourself a new girlfriend honey, whether you wanted me or not.

     
  • On 7/06/2007 10:31 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    I really wish I could improve the sound. Try listening to it with headphones instead of speakers.

    And whether I wanted you or not, I'm glad I got you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page