Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

11 June 2007

Double feature

Despite negative reviews by everyone from Rolling Stone to Diesel, we went to see Spider-Man 3 anyway, mainly because we had promised the kids that we would. I enjoyed the movie but I've been a fan of Spider-Man since his introduction, and I didn't expect the movie to be much more than the comic book it's based on. But that's not important. This little blurb is about something else.

To set it up, I will need to reveal something minor about the movie, so if you haven't seen it and you really, REALLY care about all the details of the plot line, stop reading now and then come back after you've seen the movie. You've been warned! Last chance! OK, moving on ...

One of the movie's villains is Sandman, who is made out of sand. (Duh!) At the end of the movie, he reverts to a mini-sandstorm and literally blows away. On the way home, my son (age 11 who wants to be a skateboarding investment banker and standup comic) says, "That was pretty cool. Spider-Man was great, and we got that second movie-in-a-movie bonus." [comedic timing pause] "You know, 'Gone With the Wind' there at the end."

  • On 6/11/2007 11:37 AM, Blogger Howard said…

    Best Spider-Man 3 joke ever!

     
  • On 6/11/2007 2:21 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    I love my son more than I could ever say, but I don't know WHERE he gets this wiseass attitude. His parents certainly don't ever show that kind of non-seriousness. [whistles, looks up for lightening bolt]

     
  • On 6/11/2007 5:13 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    God damn! That's funny! :)

     
  • On 6/11/2007 5:22 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    Purrty Jami: I sent you an email at the weirdness. Respondez s'il vous plait.

     
  • On 6/12/2007 1:37 AM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    Hilarious!
    And it's okay that it was a spoiler for the movie, by the time I get around to seeing it I will have forgotten that you told a detail!
    I will be giggling over this for awhile this morning!

     
  • On 6/12/2007 4:27 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    OMG. He totally takes after you. Poor kid.

     
  • On 6/12/2007 4:41 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Well, I think he's still got a ways to go with his material, but he's got delivery down.

    Last night he came in our bedroom in his skivvies (he sleeps in 'em) for some reason or another, talked to us for a minute or so and as he was leaving, he turned around and pointed at us laying on the bed and said, "I saw y'all staring at my man package! I'm gonna be watching you two from now on." Then he ran out of the room laughing like a crazy person. I love my family!

     
  • On 6/13/2007 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An 11-year-old boy referencing 'Gone With the Wind'? Wow. If he goes on to do the same with 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' I'd say the boy has a great future if not in terms of money, in terms of style!

    As for the 'man package' jibe, what HAS the kid been watching on TV? x

     
  • On 6/13/2007 11:21 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    He probably got the jibe from Cartoon Network, probably from Adult Swim. Either that or MTV. We've got the parental permission filters in place but some things get through.

    I will admit that in addition to being very good looking, the kid does have style, too!

     
  • On 6/13/2007 3:09 PM, Blogger AC said…

    You think that was bad? Just you wait until he figures out that the ugly stepsister in Shrek is transgender!

    And what's worse, if you take him to see 'Pirates 3', he might even known who Keith Richards is.

    I had to admit I liked Spider 3. My wife's into all that comicbookey stuff, but it wasn't bad.

    Polar Bear

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page