Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

22 June 2007

Pussies

Two weeks ago, these two little ones came to live at our house. They're both girls and were just shy of 7 weeks old then. That brings our total now to: 2 cats, 3 dogs, 1 betta, 2 parakeets and about 50 (OK, closer to 12 or 14) finches. Oh, and 4 humans.


This is Pearl. She's the more snuggly of the two. What you can't see here is that she also has a white chin and chest. She usually sleeps with our daughter.


This is Shadow. She's the more adventurous one. We're still trying to decide if she's all black or black with black stripes. She usually sleeps with our son, although she's also slept in our room - where all the dogs sleep. Like I said, she's adventurous.

There will be future updates on the growth of the pussies.

  • On 6/22/2007 2:38 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    How'd you get those two in the same exact pose?

     
  • On 6/22/2007 3:43 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    A whip, a chair and a safari hat.

     
  • On 6/23/2007 6:49 AM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    You have real animal training skill Jami!

    Hahaha! A dozen finches can certainly SOUND like 50!
    My husband brought me a cage full of cinammon finches when I went on bed rest with my first pregnancy. I loved those crazy little birds...Nothing like the song of a finch in the morning!

    Love your kitties. Do they love the birds and the fish too?

     
  • On 6/23/2007 11:13 AM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    Ha ha, Jami. And I'm picturing it!

    I had a couple of finches. I loved them. And my cat loved them, too. He was licking his chops one day when we returned home. And the silence was deafening. I sent my ex husband upstairs to find the remains and he came down with three feathers he found in his shoe. It made me ill to think that some little creatures were fleeing for their lives in my bedroom that night, with their little hearts beating so fast. And then death. In my own bedroom! I was a bit perterbed that Romeo was just sauntering about, acting like nothing had happened. But then I realized that he probably thought we were just great servants who had left him a snack!

     
  • On 6/25/2007 2:48 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    I was waiting for a smart-ass remark about the whip, chair and safari hat in the bedroom, but never mind...

    And Teri, I can sympathize. Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away ... OK, it was Florida in the late '70's ... we had a parakeet as a pet. Then we got an Arctic fox (LONG story) as a pet, too. Then we just had an Arctic fox with blue feathers in her poop.

     
  • On 6/25/2007 6:35 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    Waddya mean? I said I was picturing it! (My pictures are always X-rated, remember?)

     
  • On 6/26/2007 11:29 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Teri - I knew you were THINKING it but I was looking for somebody to bust it out here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page