Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

31 July 2007

I'm writing, OK?

I wanted to get a good mad going which would in turn generate a nice blog rant, but I just can't. It's not that there aren't a ton of things happening in the world that should just crank my indignation right up into the stark staring bonkers range; it's just that I'm too tired to get cranked up about anything. I've got a post partly completed entitled The Worst Hotel - Ever and another called Would You Like That With or Without 'ed'? but they're not getting finished today. Why am I tired? Because I didn't get enough sleep! DUH! Oh, why didn't I get enough sleep? Because I didn't go to sleep early enough! Do I have to explain everything? OK, I was in bed but I was reading and didn't want to go to sleep while I was reading and so I didn't and therefore I'm tired today. There - happy?

But the blog muse is whacking me about the head and shoulders, so I've got to write something to get the bitch off my back. Oh, wait - even though I don't have enough energy for a mad, I can at least generate some minor irritation. The restroom here on this floor of the building where I work is very nice: marble countertops, clean floor and mirror and even toilet seats, real toilet paper - not recycled birch bark, always plenty of soft paper towels and even real flowers in a pretty vase between the two sinks. BUT ... the faucets are the kind without handles. You know, the automatic ones that turn on when you place your hands under them. Well, one of those damned things is really picky about where it wants your hands. So if you get stuck using that particular basin, you have to wave your hands under the faucet until it deigns to spit some water on them. I don't like that because it makes you look like you're not as smart as a faucet. And that's as pissed as I'm going to get today. Maybe tomorrow I'll be rested enough to really write something.

  • On 7/31/2007 2:25 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Well... sinks, huh? There is a new study that's come out about the fact that those of us in industrialized nations need to go back to pit toilets, as the current system is a HUGE carbon footprint. I can feel my greenness slipping away... or maybe turning literally green, or something.

    I do like a nice bathroom. ;-)

     
  • On 7/31/2007 7:46 PM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    I think someone in my building read Jen's study because the toilets do not, um, fully flush the contents. They do this pretty save-the-world swirl then stop.

    But then it is a "non-profit" building so the toilet paper is really scratchy (from recycled paper bags), the lights go off if you don't move every 3 minutes (kind of tough when you work on a computer) and everyone is freaky, super nice. I mean, when does a stragner north of the Mason Dixon line greet you in the morning?

     
  • On 8/01/2007 10:39 AM, Blogger Howard said…

    I hear ya, sister. Our muses leave on the same schedule, I think. :)

     
  • On 8/02/2007 3:31 AM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    Rant or no rant, I have a great visual of you waving limbs in front of a sink to get some water turned on. Akin to a wild conductor of an orchestra... ala bugs bunny or something...
    Thanks for that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page