Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

24 August 2007

Miscellaneous odds and ends of miscellany

Today is a hurty day. These days come and go when you cross over some kind of age divide and probably get worse as time goes on. I only tell you this as a warning because no one warned ME about it. Today my left ankle and knee, my right foot, all the fingers on both hands and my right elbow and shoulder all ache - big time aching. Not much can be done about it - despite my warnings to you - but I'm cranky and I don't like it.

-------------------

School started for our kids yesterday. I'm tired today. I wonder if there's some connection between those two things.

-------------------

I lost my sunglasses somewhere yesterday and now I have to squint when I'm outside. (Why, yes, the sun IS out. DUH!) It's not the squinting per se that I mind but I can feel the little lines around my eyes getting deeper and deeper every second I've got my eyes scrunched up.

And yes, I'm getting new sunglasses.

-------------------

I owe y'all some new kitty pictures, but I don't have any. Can I give you a rain check for that?

-------------------

I hate hairy toes - on men and on women. I can tolerate a fair amount of body hair on anyone, but toe hair is just ... EEEwwwwww! I don't really have hairy toes but I shave mine almost every day anyway. Just in case it decides to start sprouting, you know. Did I mention EEEwwwww?

-------------------

We're supposed to go shopping this weekend for a new car, or for some kind of vehicle anyway. I'm kind of excited about it because it's, well, shopping and it's a new big toy. But I'm also kind of bummed about it because it means going and talking to car sales folks. Not a fun activity.

-------------------

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, Y'ALL!

  • On 8/24/2007 2:40 PM, Blogger none said…

    I feel for you on the car shopping.

    Be careful and be sure to refuse the life insurance, extended warranty, and all extras. They are rip offs. They will give you a hard sell, but be strong.

    I've been around the car business all my life and they are out to screw you 100%

    Do not give them your keys and always be ready to walk out. Don't worry, they will chase you with a better offer. Remember the good cop bad cop routine? You can play it against the sales manager and save thousands.

    Good luck to you!

     
  • On 8/24/2007 7:26 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    I love car sales folks! I can kick their asses!

    (Well I don't love dating them. They suck! Well actually, they don't suck, they are very charismatic and I usually like them... I have no idea where I"m going with this... especially since I like the people I date to suck...)

     
  • On 8/25/2007 7:14 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    I'm not going to touch that with ... well, you know, I WILL touch THAT but not that particular comment. Oh - to hell with it: Is it only sucking you like or do you like them to ... no, no, not going there in public. Just use your imagination. Or email me.

     
  • On 8/26/2007 7:33 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    >I hate hairy toes - on men and on women. I can tolerate a fair amount of body hair on anyone, but toe hair is just ... EEEwwwwww! I don't really have hairy toes but I shave mine almost every day anyway. Just in case it decides to start sprouting, you know. Did I mention EEEwwwww?

    So much for hobbits, then ?

    Angie

     
  • On 8/31/2007 4:29 PM, Blogger SoulPony said…

    i hate car salesmen. they lie to you and pretend like you have to believe it. i'd not mind it half as much if they didn't expect me to believe them and act insulted when i don't.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page