Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

13 September 2007

Dodged another bullet

Yesterday morning we here in the Houston area were supposed to brace ourselves for up to five inches of rain from a tropical disturbance that would hit the Texas coast south of us. By yesterday afternoon we were told to expect five to ten inches of rain from Tropical Storm Humberto which was headed directly for Houston. In the wee hours of this morning, Hurricane Humberto came ashore near Beaumont (my birthplace!), about ninety miles east of Houston. At my house west of Houston, it got very overcast and cloudy right before sunset and I think someone spit on my driveway. That was it. Yes, we dodged another bullet from Mama Nature's Big Bad Hurricane Gun© but now do you see why no one really trusts weather forecasters?

  • On 9/13/2007 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gee, a hurricane hit the Gulf Coast, and it wasn't the fault of George W. Bush ?

    Say it ain't so !

     
  • On 9/13/2007 5:09 PM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    Glad to know it was dodged. I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed until Dec!

     
  • On 9/13/2007 8:52 PM, Blogger exskindiver said…

    hi jami

     
  • On 9/13/2007 10:58 PM, Blogger robkroese said…

    We'd better not get 5 inches of rain here, because half of my house has no roof.

     
  • On 9/14/2007 7:05 AM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    I totally distrust weather forecasters. I'm glad only your birthplace got spanked and you all were fine. I've been thinking of you as I watched Humberto strengthen.

     
  • On 9/14/2007 10:40 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    @anon - I never said whose fault it was. It might have been DUHbya's.

    @SMID - I appreciate the effort, but isn't it hard to work like that?

    @xsd - Hi, Chesca! Wassup?

    @Diesel - I hear a lot of houses in California have indoor pools.

    @Denise - GLAD YOU GUYS MADE IT BACK! I thought about y'all, too.

     
  • On 9/14/2007 11:48 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Glad you dodged the bullet, Jami. But sheesh - all last week I'm on faithfully and there's no NEW entries, and now I'm gone a day or two and you're writing all over the place! I can hardly keep up with you, GF!

     
  • On 9/15/2007 6:20 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    Hey! I posted a long comment about your daughter in the earlier post (about her taking care of herself) and it's gone. :(

     
  • On 9/20/2007 9:05 PM, Blogger SoulPony said…

    if weather forecasters ever got anything right then they wouldn't belong with the rest of those at their news organization. you can't believe anything you hear on the news, why should they be different.

    glad you only go spit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page