Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

18 September 2007

Otra FCM

In Spanish: Otra Foto del Cuerpo Martes. In English: Another Body Shot Tuesday. Here it is. Yes, it's me (taken today, in fact) and there's some 'splainin' to do about some of what you see. (No, not them - they're pretty self-explanatory.)

Click it to big it

I've had a couple of folks who know me relatively well (and that might just include you) ask me why - given my attitude about organized religion - I wear the rose cross. I wear it because I made a promise to do so. When our daughter was in the hospital fighting the e. coli infection and there was a chance that she might not ever come home again, Redheaded Spouse fell back on her Catholic upbringing. She isn't a devout churchgoer at all, but she brought in a priest to baptize Fireball. Well, needless to say, Fireball recovered (and how!) and RS is now convinced that in addition to modern medicine, divine intervention played a part in that recovery. That's her belief, not mine, but she asked me to wear a cross to honor that belief. So I promised her that I would. I picked out a nice necklace and a flowery cross I liked and now I have them on. It's pretty jewelry and it can't hurt to wear it, so I do. FWIW, I also have both Star of David and Pentacle necklaces that I sometimes wear, too. Actually, I have lot of jewelry but I have three pieces that I never take off: my wedding ring, my father's wedding ring and the rose cross necklace you see above.

  • On 9/18/2007 10:30 AM, Blogger exskindiver said…

    verrrrrrah nice....
    verrrrrrah nice indeed.
    did you not enjoy my version of BST?
    (the last photo--)

     
  • On 9/18/2007 10:31 AM, Blogger exskindiver said…

    oh and how about that,
    i wear my mother's wedding ring too!

     
  • On 9/18/2007 12:14 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Errmm ... it's supposed to be YOUR body ...

     
  • On 9/18/2007 12:22 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    I believe in the power of prayer. I didn't always, sometimes I had to be hit over the head with the obvious to "get it" ... I am glad you wear the cross.

     
  • On 9/18/2007 1:17 PM, Blogger Weekends Off said…

    OK I have boobie envy and so I have to say I'm wayyyy jealous because your's are pretty! :)

    And the cross necklace is beautiful, no matter what the reason you wear it, it's beautiful.

     
  • On 9/18/2007 1:47 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    It's the bra. No, it's not a push-up but it IS pretty (and relatively new) so the girls look pretty, too.

     
  • On 9/18/2007 7:44 PM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    I thought the story about the cross was very touching. It is amazing what we promise to do to get our kids out of harm's way!

     
  • On 9/18/2007 8:24 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I agree with SMID, and I also believe in promises. I think that's wonderfully sweet and another reason you deserved that nice award!

     
  • On 9/19/2007 9:09 PM, Blogger Grundir the Implacable said…

    Word to the wise: Take care about from whom you accept jewelry. I have a ring that I can't seem to remove.

     
  • On 9/19/2007 9:26 PM, Blogger She says said…

    I like the "click it to big it" caption under your girls. If only it were that easy! Can I click it to small mine? Puleeeeze?

     
  • On 9/20/2007 9:01 PM, Blogger SoulPony said…

    great boobies. i'm sure no one is looking at the cross. so, ya got that goin for ya.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page