Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

06 December 2007

I'm late for Zappadan!

Oh, no! I'm two days late for the start of Zappadan! For those who don't know, Zappadan* is the celebration of the life and contributions of Frank Zappa (not including Moon Unit and Dweezil Zappa, who have their own lives). Zappadan runs from the date of his death - December 4 (Day 17 or BummerNacht) - through the date of his birth - December 21 (Day Zero). So as you can see, I've got two days of Zappadan zelebrating to catch up on.



(Thanks, konagod, for reminding me.)
* I was going to link to the Wikipedia article on
Zappadan here, but fittingly it has been threatened with removal on December 8. Frank would have liked that.

[Posted on Day 15 of Zappadan.]

  • On 12/06/2007 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Since Sher has invited you along to "kick logger ass", you're gonna need nicknames. You want me to have the guys work on that? Or will you do it yourselves. The later is advisable.

     
  • On 12/06/2007 10:31 AM, Blogger mark hoback said…

    Happy Zappadan, Jami.

     
  • On 12/06/2007 1:17 PM, Blogger Suzy said…

    When the press was making fun of baby names like Apple, Moses and now Ever whatever-her-last-name-is, I had to laugh. Did no one hear of Dweezil and Moon Unit? Especially since they both had show biz careers.

    And the press has conveniently forgotten about Ever Carradine, of that great acting family, the Carradines.

     
  • On 12/06/2007 1:28 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    @TSG - You mean I have to get fightin' name, too? I've already got me a redneck nickname: Jose.

    @Mark - Thanks! You, too!

    @Suzy - The only reason those kids will not be scarred for life by having those names is because they're rich and their family is famous, so no one will dare to pick on them.

     
  • On 12/06/2007 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sure getting old. I completely forgot, and it's only been 8 months. You are set!

    I don't think you should help Sher.

    I think she might already have been a little too friendly with Jose lately.

     
  • On 12/06/2007 6:40 PM, Blogger FriĆ°vin said…

    oh now i have to go check out the wiki entry and see if it's still there!

     
  • On 12/07/2007 5:19 AM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    So ... what day did he die? 12/4 or 12/21?

     
  • On 12/07/2007 6:20 AM, Blogger Goofball said…

    just wanted to say that your rhyme over at JIH really rocks!

     
  • On 12/07/2007 10:23 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Denise - Frank Zappa was born on December 21, 1940. He died on December 4, 1993 of prostate cancer.

     
  • On 12/07/2007 7:03 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    Thanks! Your original post listed his date of death as 12/21 and 12/4, so I was confused. ;)

     
  • On 12/09/2007 12:28 AM, Blogger robkroese said…

    Well, it's no less real than Kwanzaa.

     
  • On 12/09/2007 4:06 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I love Bummernacht. I had several last week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page