Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

21 December 2007

...is not available. Please leave a message.

In case you haven't noticed, I haven't done a lot of blog posting lately. That's because of Standard Blogger's Excuse #3: I've been really busy in real life. But it's not an excuse if it's true - then it's just a reason. And I really have been, as my Dad used to say, "Busier than a cat covering up shit in a stockyard." And the holiday season piled on top of excess work served to jack up the sleep deprivation factor as I got up early to go to work and then tried to get holiday shopping and chores done in the evening. But the craziness is over now. The shopping is done, the big job is done and today is my last day at work this year - but in a good way. I'm taking time off and I WILL be back.

We're going on vacation - our first in years - to the mountains of New Hamster. The kids are going to learn how to snowboard, and the parents are going to seriously practice their reading and nap skills. We leave the day after Christmas and will be back sometime after New Year's Day. All of which is to say that I'm not going to be posting here until sometime next year. So, y'all all have a very happy holiday season - whatever your holiday - and tune in again early next year for more fun and frolic here. I may even have worked up a good rant by then.

[Posted on Day Zero of Zappadan.]

  • On 12/24/2007 3:25 PM, Blogger robkroese said…

    Happy Holidays, Jami!

     
  • On 12/24/2007 9:47 PM, Blogger Brent Diggs said…

    Here's to future rants.

    Merry Christmas.

     
  • On 12/25/2007 1:48 PM, Blogger FriĆ°vin said…

    Hi Jami,
    I know you're out but wanted to wish you a merry chris moose & a happy keg o' beer.

     
  • On 12/25/2007 7:38 PM, Blogger She says said…

    Merry Christmas!

     
  • On 12/28/2007 3:47 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I hope it's a wonderful time!

     
  • On 12/29/2007 12:32 PM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    Ah, all that time off relaxing. I am really excited about all the bloggy buildup in your fingertips which will only translate into really great bloggy bits to read. Yahoo!

    Happy, happy New Year friend.

     
  • On 12/31/2007 8:59 AM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    Real world? Real world? You mean this isn't REAL?!?! Wow. Glad someone told me.

    I hope you enjoyed all that snow up there. And got to read and nap.

    Happy New Year friend.

     
  • On 12/31/2007 11:46 AM, Blogger Weekends Off said…

    Looking back on the months gone by,
    As a new year starts and an old one ends,

    We contemplate what brought us joy,
    And we think of our loved ones and our friends.

    Recalling all the happy times,
    Remembering how they enriched our lives

    We reflect upon who really counts,
    As the fresh and bright new year arrives.

    And when I ponder those who do,
    I immediately think of you.

    Happy New Year!

     
  • On 1/01/2008 7:05 AM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    Happy New Year, Jami! Much love to you and your family. I hope we get to see you sometime during this new year.

     
  • On 1/03/2008 1:40 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Thanks, y'all! I'm back and postings here should resume shortly. No, really, I promise!

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page