Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

07 January 2008

Do we REALLY need this?

MSNBC has an article up headlined "McDonald’s coffee bars to take on Starbucks".
McDonald’s will install coffee bars at its 14,000 U.S. stores, incorporating theatrics similar to Starbucks’ counters, displaying espresso machines and having baristas prepare drinks...
Don Thompson, president of McDonald’s USA, announced the aggressive plan. "We want to move from beverages as an accompaniment to being a beverage destination,”...
"Beverage destination"? Oh, a place you go to drink - like a bar. Well, there is this:
...the drinks cost about 50 cents less than at Starbucks.

  • On 1/07/2008 1:32 PM, Blogger none said…

    I'm not sure the yuppies are going to change their destination to Mcdonalds to save 50 cents. I wouldn't want to drink my cappuchino with a giant yellow clown staring at me.

     
  • On 1/07/2008 2:01 PM, Blogger Suzy said…

    Yeah, I'm with hammer on this one.

     
  • On 1/07/2008 2:55 PM, Blogger Friðvin said…

    Jesus H. Christ. Just what we need.

     
  • On 1/07/2008 3:12 PM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    They have these in the McD's in Europe, call them McCafe's I believe.
    Why do I know this you ask? Because when I travel the continent I have a toddler in tow. Toddlers don't eat good food.

     
  • On 1/07/2008 3:35 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    This is McScary.

     
  • On 1/11/2008 9:14 PM, Blogger exskindiver said…

    when i used to drink it, i kind of enjoyed mcdonald's coffee.
    ho-hum, those were the days.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page