Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

15 January 2008

Haiku 10


Words break up the sky,
Garish pictures extol junk.
Billboards don't belong.

  • On 1/15/2008 2:46 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    Sign, sign, everywhere a sign ~
    Blockin' out the scenery, breaking my mind ~
    Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign!

    And the sign said, "Everybody welcome. Come in, kneel down and pray"
    But when they passed around the plate at the end of it all, I didn't have a penny to pay.
    So I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own little sign
    I said, "Thank you, Lord, for thinkin' 'bout me. I'm alive and doin' fine!"

    And that's for damn sure. I am alive and doin' fine. :)

     
  • On 1/16/2008 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You really are very good at these... x

     
  • On 1/16/2008 10:17 AM, Blogger FriĆ°vin said…

    Good one. I despise billboards.

     
  • On 1/16/2008 10:21 PM, Blogger robkroese said…

    I like this one.

    I had the idea a while back for advertisers to get together and offer free GPS units with advertising on them so that you'd see "virtual billboards" on the display as you drive through an area. No more billboards!

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page