Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

14 January 2008

My upcoming album

I don't normally do memes, but I saw this one at Hammer's and thought it looked like fun. It was, but it was also a little strange.

First, the meme:
You are in a band. Your band is about to release their first CD. Now, follow these directions to build it. Go to

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first article title on the page is the name of your band.

2. http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The tail (last three or four words) of the very last quote is the title of your album.

3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4. Use the graphics program of your choice to put them together into your first CD.

Now, my results:
1. The first time, I got the Wikipedia entry for "Only Inhuman" which is a Swedish metal band. I figured I shouldn't take someone else's name for mine, so I hit it again. The second time, I got the entry for "Colin Steele" who is a singer, among other things. Same thinking as the first pass, so I hit it for a third time and got the entry for "Heimosodat". (The Finnish term heimosodat is in English literally "Kindred Nations Wars", "Wars for kindred peoples" or "Kinship Wars")

2. The tail of the last quote was "synonymous with manliness". Oh, yeah - just what I wanted: another gender marker.

3. Finally, the third picture on the Flickr page was of what appeared to be a morning glory, entitled "Purple Magic". Ironic. And purple just happens to be one of my fave colors.

So, here's the cover for Himosodat's new CD, "Synonymous With Manliness"

Jami's CD

  • On 1/14/2008 4:48 PM, Blogger none said…

    Heimosodat is finnish nationalism and refers to tribal wars. So it looks like your album makes sense.

    Just about every one I've seen has been eerie, accurate or funny.

     
  • On 1/14/2008 6:59 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Cool meme ... I think I'll try it too =)

     
  • On 1/14/2008 7:06 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    The cover is gorgeous and a nice opposition to the words. Cool. Great meme!

     
  • On 1/14/2008 7:10 PM, Blogger MereCat said…

    I'm in the band Robert Bickerdike, my album is "Lift up thy head!," and my picture is a b/w woman pushing her hair over her ears. Hee hee!

     
  • On 1/15/2008 7:42 AM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    ::chuckles:: I figure you love that whole "manliness" thing.

     
  • On 1/15/2008 10:56 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Wait - I just figured it out! The actual album is entitled "Synonymous" and then there's this other group "Manliness" that contributed to it. It's all in how you read it, see?

    Heimosodat's "Synonymous", with Manliness.

     
  • On 1/15/2008 2:41 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    Wow. I love it!
    It's purrrrrrrrrrrrfect.... like you! xoxoxox

     
  • On 1/16/2008 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brilliant! x

     
  • On 1/20/2008 7:47 PM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    Can't stop laughing here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page