Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

07 January 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

My six-year old daughter and I were in the kitchen yesterday morning when out of the blue she said, "You know what? When I'm president I'm going to just stop the Iraq." I replied something to the effect that that would be a very good thing to do but that I hoped it would be over long before she became president. A few moments later, whatever talking head news discussion program that was on TV ended the show with their customary "In Memoriam" segment where they list all the big names that have died in the past week and then all of the U.S. military personnel who have been killed. She turned around and pointed at the TV and said, "Those people won't ever know when it's over. But some others will die and that's why I want to stop the Iraq."

Where the fuck did that come from? More importantly, if it's now to the point that six-year olds want it over, isn't it really time to just stop the Iraq?

  • On 1/07/2008 2:57 PM, Blogger FriĆ°vin said…

    "stop the Iraq?"

    Isn't that similar to what that blonde beauty contestant said who was the butt of all jokes? Oh, but wait -- she was an adult!

     
  • On 1/07/2008 3:04 PM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    She's a brilliant kid, Jami. And yeah, that is a brilliant sentiment.
    Let's just stop the Iraq.

     
  • On 1/07/2008 3:37 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Oh my goodness, out of the mouths of babes, indeed! What an erudite comment.

     
  • On 1/07/2008 6:41 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    "Those people won't ever know when it's over"

    gulp, lump in my throat

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page