Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

22 January 2008

Sick day

Crap. No, make that mega-crap. SUPER mega-crap. That's how I feel today. I called in sick and told the guy I kinda-sorta work for (my place on the org chart tends to drift around) that I felt like someone had stuffed my head full of soggy cotton ... and then nailed it in place through my face. Did I mention that I feel like crap? With a side order of warmed-over homemade fuck? Well, I do.

Later...

  • On 1/22/2008 8:17 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Feel better, Jami! HUGE hugs!

     
  • On 1/22/2008 8:58 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    (((Hugs))) I just got over a month of CRAP ... I feel for you! I sure hope you feel better soon. Don't go back to work too early, I did and kept getting sicker.

     
  • On 1/22/2008 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ugh. Sick sucks. Hope you're better soon.

     
  • On 1/23/2008 10:33 AM, Blogger hotdrwife said…

    Oh, feel better!! I feel a cold coming on here, and I'm doing everything I can to stop the damn thing.

     
  • On 1/23/2008 11:49 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Thanks for the virtual hugs, y'all!
    UPDATE: Today I'm coughing, but at least I'm getting my exercise. It's hard work trying to invert a lung.

     
  • On 1/23/2008 2:37 PM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    Oh honey. My colleague has been out sick for over a week! She made an appearance yesterday and sounded just awful. Like an 800 lb seal coughing up flem the size of cannon balls. And she's a petite little thing.

    So drink lots of tea with honey and get better. Yuck-eeeeeeeee!!

     
  • On 1/23/2008 5:13 PM, Blogger Suzy said…

    I'm not sick but I've been feeling like crap for days. Feel ya sista friend.

     
  • On 1/23/2008 10:10 PM, Blogger robkroese said…

    I've been fighting something off as well. Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • On 1/24/2008 8:46 PM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    You any better sweetie?

     
  • On 1/25/2008 1:56 PM, Blogger MereCat said…

    Hope you feel better. I can't imagine soggy cotton nailed through the face. That's pretty awful. Sending you a nice warm cup of cybertheraflu.

     
  • On 1/25/2008 8:19 PM, Blogger exskindiver said…

    hope homemade f*** helps.

     
  • On 1/26/2008 4:17 PM, Blogger FriĆ°vin said…

    You get that cedar fever over in Houston? I don't know if that's what hit me this week because it actually happened after I got to Arkansas -- and I'm blaming it on a combo of the nasty weather and being in a closed pick-up truck which is used to haul hay and a heater blowing the shit around full-blast.

    I'm largely recovered from mine -- which is another reason I don't think it was cedar fever because when I get that, it usually hangs on for weeks as opposed to the 4-day thing I had.

    Hope you're better. The weather is CERTAINLY an improvement.

     
  • On 1/29/2008 12:00 AM, Blogger Zoe Brain said…

    A question, hopelessly OT : How many bubbleheads are TS? There seems to be a lot of us.

     
  • On 1/29/2008 7:21 PM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    Honey - are you STILL sick?

     
  • On 1/30/2008 3:41 PM, Blogger none said…

    For some reason this year has been pure sick hell. Right now I'm home with three sick kids.

    I think there is a cold and flu going around simultaneously.

     
  • On 1/31/2008 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haven't been sick yet but I woke up with something this morning and my throat burns like a motherfucker.

    Yes, are you STILL sick?! I'm a little worried!

    Feel better! (This is my first comment here but I read your blog and also recognize you from abillings' Live Journal blog)

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page