Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

11 January 2008

What did I read?

Like some others, I'll admit that I did not get nearly as much reading done as I wanted to on Day to Read yesterday. But then again, I don't get nearly as much money coming in as I want, either. That's just how life is sometimes. But I did get to finish google sex mp3 britney+spears world+cup by Andrew Hinkinson-Hodnett.

Andy's book
In case you don't know, Andy is the author of the Spicy Cauldron blog. He's also a phenomenal poet, which is a good thing, since this is a book of his poetry. And it's phenomenal, too. Some folks may know that I dabble in poetry from time to time, but where my offerings might be pebbles tied together with twine to form a crude necklace, Andy's works are pebbles cut and polished into gems and then mounted into shining jewelry. Here's a sample - one of the smaller jewels:
Write

I watched you sleeping again last night.
I could not sleep because of the voices,
those whispered bursts of creativity
calling me to write, write, write
of how I warm to the curl of you,
delight in your dreams,
comfort your skin inside my buttery, protective wrap.

Your eyes move quickly beneath those butterfly lids,
softness breathing love for this lucky, lucky man.

In the wakefulness of early hours
I wrote the word love on your back with my finger.

Andy has several poems in this volume that are stories of his Dad which strike a particular chord in me. But then again, everything he has written here touches me in some way. Read this book! I think it will touch you, too.

  • On 1/11/2008 10:04 PM, Blogger Sai Hijara - Ferraris said…

    Love that poem, is that an excerpt from that material?

    I will try to get hold of it...and read it within this year!

    Here is what i read

     
  • On 1/12/2008 2:59 AM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    Wow, that is a gem.
    Adding this one to my list of must reads as well.

     
  • On 1/14/2008 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jami, I'm grateful for your review. Thank you so much! You've actually chosen one of my own personal favourites from the collection to highlight. x

     
  • On 1/17/2008 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this book too, some of my favourite poems are "27.06.98", "Eyes of Chocolate", "When I Wake Up", "Name Bearers", and "Christmas Cancellation". I love far tooooooo many to have A favourite lol

    If you're looking for it you can find it over at http://www.lulu.com/content/1311843 ;o)

     
  • On 1/18/2008 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! More unpaid PR! *blush* Thanks Beautifu1! x

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page