Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

01 February 2008

Are you blue?

Everyone with eyes that are not brown has the same great, great ... about two or three hundred more greats ... grandmother. It seems that non-brown (blue, hazel, green) eyes first showed up only somewhere between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago due to a mutation in a single individual.

  • On 2/01/2008 1:18 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Hmmm... I guess my stock just isn't that old, then. But what about my son? My DH and I both have blue/hazel eyes and he has brown eyes. Does that mean that DH and I have that grandma but our son doesn't? Weird....

     
  • On 2/01/2008 1:41 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Well I have blue eyes, the mutant gene probably came from a turtle ;)

     
  • On 2/01/2008 6:24 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Hey, I just post 'em. That doesn't mean I understand 'em. (although usually I do)

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page