Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

22 April 2008

Did you get any work done?

I don't know about you but this past weekend I worked my ass off. Well, since I don't have much ass to work off, I'm hoping I worked my gut off, but that's neither here nor there. So, what exactly did I do? I converted this
into this


In the top picture, you see a pallet containing 144 Pavestone Windsor concrete edging blocks. Each of those blocks weighs 24 pounds. I unstacked and moved all 144 of these blocks along with another 7 blocks to lay down a new border on the back side of the flower bed by the street (seen on the right in the second picture) in front of our house. For those of you without your calculator handy, that means that I moved 3,624 pounds of concrete blocks ... by hand. (OK, in the interest of full disclosure, I had a machine to help make the job easier: a wheelbarrow.) I wore out a pair of leather gloves, not to mention a pair of legs, a pair of arms and a back. And I'm only halfway through this project. There is another whole pallet plus a few dozen more blocks that will go on the sides and the front of the bed here

Then there are the 50 or so new rose bushes that will be going in to this bed this weekend, too. So, a few more tons of blocks to move and dozens of holes to dig - I'm so looking forward to this coming weekend ... NOT!

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page