Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

08 April 2008

Do you see what I see?

What the hell am I looking at in my office when I'm not staring at the two (count 'em - TWO!) 19 inch computer monitors on my desk? Stuff on my walls - because my office is on an inside hallway and has NO WINDOWS. This is how my office is arranged. This map (drawn on my whiteboard) is not to scale because you could, like, play football on my desk ... if you were about half an inch tall.Map
1. This is what I see on the rare occasions I look up over the monitors on my desk (barely visible in the bottom of the photo.) On the left is a picture of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial that was sent to me by Denise. There's a snapshot in the corner of me at the Wall about 15 years ago. On the right is my Bluenose certificate for crossing the Arctic Circle (in 1971!).
Wall
2. Here you can see my short (and only) file cabinet where I stick up my magnetic haikus, along with my Haiku Buckaroo mug, my copper rose sculpture and one of my favorite photographs in the world. SMID sent it to me because she likes me.File
3. See how good this photo is? See why I really like it? (Well, I do!)SMID
4. The submarine I was on back in the Paleolithic Era (she was long ago recycled into razor blades and truck frames) and my submarine dolphin plaque.JKP
5. Bulletin board next to my desk where one can see, among other things, the sign I used to carry when standing next to the freeway between jobs and an original Fireball work of art created (right there in my office!) from a paper bowl.BB
6. Closeup of picture of one of my ancestors. OK, that's not really true, but I've always liked the picture and have had it in my various offices for at least 10 (and quite possibly more) years.Never mind

Not showing you any of the personal pictures in my office was deliberate. They're all of my family and I don't post them here. FYI, they're on my desk and on the bulletin board in the spaces that look empty in the picture above.

  • On 4/08/2008 3:45 PM, Blogger heels said…

    That Navy historical info page is freaking fantastic! Now I have to wonder what certs my Grandad must have had...

     
  • On 4/09/2008 2:56 AM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    I'm trying to figure out why there is not a picture of MEEEEEEEEEEE on your wall! :)

     
  • On 4/09/2008 10:06 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    @Terri - your picture is in my cell phone which is normally either in my purse or on my hip, so it's close to the important parts of me: my wallet or ...

     
  • On 4/09/2008 4:03 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    Woo hoo! Yay for me!

     
  • On 4/14/2008 11:29 AM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    You really DID put up that photo I sent you! And in such a lovely frame. It looks right purty on that windowless wall. Thanks for those kind words about the image.

    Thanks for sharing what your work world looks like. I won't complain about my sliver of a window that looks out on a brick building again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page