Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

30 April 2008

Good-bye

i have to go    it has ben 2 long

“I don’t want you to go! Please, can’t we try again?”

im tired    i hurt    i cant    its time 2 leve

“I know. I just don’t want to lose you. We fought so hard to get what we have. For what? I know we talked about this day possibly coming, but if you leave, I’ll be alone. I don’t think I can handle that.”

yes u can    u r strong    u no i will b wit u 4ever

“And you know I love you. You know I love you enough to let you go, if that’s what you want. I just want you to be happy.”

i luv u 2 so muchly    but this what i want now    its time turn em off
Switches – some splashed by errant tears – are thrown and the room is silent. The bed makes a small clicking creak as it accepts the weight of another. After an endless time, the silence is broken by six small breaths.
“I”
“Will”
“All”
“Ways”
“Love”
“You”
The silence is replaced by quiet sobbing. The bed creaks again, footsteps echo, the door opens, the sobbing fades. And the silence returns.

  • On 5/01/2008 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You ok, hon? I wasn't sure what to say to you because I'm not exactly sure what this is about.

    But lots of hugs to you, hope you're alright...

     
  • On 5/01/2008 9:26 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    I'm fine, girlfriend! For an unknown reason, this was just something that kind of bobbed to the surface of my brain and refused to go away until I wrote it down. So here it is. I really didn't think about what others might think of my state of mind when they read it because it wasn't about me. It was probably intended for someone; I just don't know who. But thank you muchly for thinking of me! Hugs - and kisses, of course - to you, too.

     
  • On 5/01/2008 10:51 PM, Blogger Howard said…

    Oh, good. I was worried, too, as I'm trying to catch up on blog reading. Glad this was fictional. :)

     
  • On 5/02/2008 4:31 AM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    Oh, Jami, what an evocative piece. Wowsers.

     
  • On 5/02/2008 11:40 PM, Blogger robkroese said…

    That was almost like TV.

     
  • On 5/03/2008 10:13 AM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    I was thinking that it looks like an IM conversation.

    I mean, except for the content. ;)

     
  • On 5/13/2008 12:44 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    Oh, Christ.

    I read this and my heart stopped. After our last conversation I was sure this was between you and Red. Thank god it's not.

    I have had this exact conversation. It sucks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page