Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

01 April 2008

Informative but useless (like Microsoft Help)



Do you talk too much in your blog?

On average, my blog posts are about 461 words in length. And they're worth reading, too!


The Blog-O-Cuss Meter - Do you cuss a lot in your blog or website?

When my blog was checked just now, the average percentage of pages that contain cussing for all the websites that had been run through Cuss-O-Meter was 9%. So, I guess I'm managing to get a handle on my fucking language, huh? (Oh, shit! Now it's up to 7.8% - damn!)

  • On 4/01/2008 5:20 PM, Blogger Amy Cates said…

    OK, fellow blogfriend of Suzy. I clicked on this widget, entered my URL -- now what? I already know I'm long-winded, but I wanted to confirm it with a third-party. (Not sure why.) So where do I go to get the much-anticipated results?
    Thanks,
    Amy
    amycates.blogspot.com

     
  • On 4/01/2008 7:02 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Hail, blogfriend of Suzy! Putting in your URL and hitting the "Check Blog Now" button ought to do it.

    Wait ...

    I just went and tried it with your URL, and I think it coughed up a hairball on my keyboard. Zip. Nada. Nothing in the old results department. What can I say? I just blog here.

     
  • On 4/02/2008 7:51 AM, Blogger Amy Cates said…

    Oh, well. Thanks for trying. Maybe the Verbosity Test can't count that high.
    BTW, I don't think a 7.7% on the Cuss-O-Meter is too bad. Go, Jami! If you read my post yesterday, you would know that I have read some with about a 99.9%. I am not kidding. Some of the most creative writers around.Nouns. Adjectives. VERBS. Sometimes, I don't even know what they're SAYING.
    Have a good day ...
    Amy

     
  • On 4/04/2008 8:37 AM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    Jami my love--
    Is there a meter with how much cussing is in your comments section? Cuz I could fuckin' help you out with the goddamn shit for that.
    I larf you.

     
  • On 4/07/2008 8:49 PM, Blogger Suzy said…

    When I wrote for a big LA website, the editor in chief told me that research shows that past 2-300 words and people stop reading. GAH!

    I never think yours are too long, i'd be afraid to run mine through the machine. (cussing too)

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page