Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

05 June 2008

Assistance

Because some folks are having problems with my sidebar but I can't reproduce their problems, I'm asking for help in running down what's wrong. It appears that Internet Exploder is the only browser having problems with the sidebar, especially when run via AOL, but there may be others. So, if you are having problems with displaying the sidebar here (yes, there's supposed to be a sidebar!) could you send me a description of your problem with any details you've got?

Oh, and please only send descriptions of not THAT different sidebar problems. Other problems (ED, never found the Big O, no fun in your dysfunction etc.) will be discussed some other time. Thanks.

[UPDATE - 10 June 2008]: I think I have fixed the problem. Thanks to all who helped!

  • On 6/05/2008 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've got a purty pickshure of you to the right. Recent comments, currently on Not That Different, etc. That all looks ok to me. I'm on Firefox.

    Now, the question is, is there supposed to be another wide sidebar aside from THAT sidebar riding the other side? Guide me to where would it hide. Just an aside, and I don't mean to be snide, but did it decide to commit sidebar suicide? And it died?

     
  • On 6/05/2008 8:15 PM, Blogger Suzy said…

    Write Fussy. She had the same thing going on and now it's fixed. I think it's fussy@fussy.org. Tell her I noticed it on hers and sent you over.

     
  • On 6/05/2008 10:35 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    I see your side-bar okay. I don't see your photo though. That might be because I am at my work computer and photos and video's don't always work. Good luck.
    Pretty side-bar too, very colorful.

     
  • On 6/06/2008 7:19 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    What I see on your sidebar is your profile, Save the Internet, and 1 Power Blogger. That's it. Is there more? I use Firefox 2.0.0.14 on a Mac

     
  • On 6/06/2008 9:47 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    @1L1L - There's only one sidebar and it should be on that --> side of the page.

    @Suzy - I'll check with fussy. Thanks!

    @GMom - too bad you can't see it because the photo is of a drop-dead gorgeous blogger.

    @Jen - if you go to a specific post, that's all that should be in the sidebar. The front page (accessed via the "Back to Front Page" link at the bottom) has a bunch of shit in the sidebar, though.

    Thanks commenters! With some more help and using several other systems, I've found that IE is decidedly fucked up (esp. IE 7) when viewing this site, but since it's the lowest common denominator, that's what I'll shoot for getting to work. If that fails, I may just suck it up and try a whole new layout.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page