Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

10 June 2008

What? What?

[A brief conversation yesterday evening between myself and Fireball, our youngest child, in which she manages to once again skilfully show her mastery of the art in which all children are so gifted: grown-up ego destruction.]

Child: "Were there bullies in school when you went to school?"

Parent: "Yes, there were. I think there have always been bullies."

C: "Did the bullies at your school ever pick on you?"

P: "No, they never did."

C: "That wasn't because you were a bully, too, was it?"

P: "No, no. They just didn't hassle me."

C: "Why not?"

P: "Well, probably because I was one of the tough cool kids."

C: "Oh ... Whatever happened to that?"

  • On 6/10/2008 12:37 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    Very funny.

    "oh" Such a little big word.

    My kids think I'm the coolest person on the planet! How'd that happen? I'm a total dork! I even fell down in the parking lot yesterday and skinned my leg!

     
  • On 6/10/2008 2:03 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Oddly enough, my kids are actually pretty convinced of my overall coolness ... I think.

    Sorry about the fall-down. Want me to kiss it and make it all better?

     
  • On 6/10/2008 2:21 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    LOL ... don't you just love it?

     
  • On 6/10/2008 3:44 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    Yes, could you? And do some other things while you are down there on your knees?

     
  • On 6/10/2008 3:54 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    I told you: I can kiss it and make it all better!

     
  • On 6/10/2008 4:30 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Oh, this had me roaring. Out of the mouths of babes indeed.

     
  • On 6/12/2008 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh! Hee!

    I don't think many kids think their parents are cool. Mine still do but my son is getting to the point where he thinks Mom might not be completely awesome all the time. My daughter still thinks I rock but, then again, she's... 4

     
  • On 6/17/2008 7:59 AM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    Hahahahaha! Rotten, stinkin', nasty, things those kids!
    I love 'em. Mine at least. And yeah, yours too cuz yours are funny as hell!

     
  • On 6/26/2008 5:53 AM, Blogger Flower Child said…

    Brilliant! So witty. They must get that from you.

     
  • On 1/02/2011 2:27 AM, Anonymous Kris said…

    Oh, I love that!

    I get that kind of stuff all the time from my children. So funny . . . they cannot imagine that I was ever a kid of any sort. I have always been Mom.

    And Mom is way uncool.

    Duh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page