Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

21 July 2008

Nasty pictures

[As always, if you can't see enough detail in any picture here, you can always click it to big it.]

OK, readers - you want pictures of nastiness? You got 'em! Ten days ago, my knee looked like this:
Bandaged knee

A week later, which would be last Friday, when the bandages came off it looked like this:
KneeNote how the charming white tube sock sets off the purple where the surgeon chained my leg to the table.

Because this was arthroscopic surgery, there are actually only three (count 'em!) puncture wounds in my knee. However, because of the bruising, I'm sure they used a broken tree branch to gouge out the holes.
CloseupNote that there are no stitches in Hole #1. They stuck to the bandages and got "removed" when the bandages were removed. Fun times.

And finally, just because I'm putting up pictures, I wanted to share this one, too. It's not nasty at all; it's just that I have seen this for years and always thought it was funny.
GaywoodAnd as far as I know, this neighborhood has an overwhelming majority of heterosexual inhabitants.

  • On 7/21/2008 5:49 PM, Blogger none said…

    Arthroscopic stuff is awesome!

    My nephew lives in a neighborhood where all the streets end in wood.

    I'm wondering when they are going to do something about "morning wood"

     
  • On 7/21/2008 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is is weird that I love gooshy medical stuff? Hee!

    You still have a pretty sexy leg, despite the bruises and holes and all. How the holy heck do you keep your leg nicely shaven during all that? My leg would look like it had pubes on it if I had a bandage on it that long. TMI? Sorry...

    OW (Re: accidental stitch removal) When I got my staples taken out after my c-section last time, one of them was extremely painful when the nurse removed it. Luckily, I was high on TWO vicodins. Otherwise, I think I would have slugged her.

    Gaywood, LOL. I want to live there!

     
  • On 7/22/2008 12:15 AM, Blogger robkroese said…

    Man, this is why I don't run. I'm very gentle to my knees. I love you, knees. Do you need a blanky?

     
  • On 7/22/2008 8:33 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    The real question, Jami, is how is your knee feeling? How are you doing post-op?

     
  • On 7/22/2008 9:49 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    @Hammer - I've often wondered if some developer somewhere has tried to sneak that name in.

    @1L1L - I shaved before surgery and I'm just not a very hairy girl.

    @Diesel - I don't run either. Not now.

    @Jen - See next post above.

     
  • On 7/22/2008 2:38 PM, Blogger janice said…

    Ouch, that looks like it would hurt.

    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one using those technical, medical terms such as "broken tree branch". When my lung collapsed I swore they used a "garden hose" to enter my chest cavity while I was wide-awake!

     
  • On 7/22/2008 7:10 PM, Blogger Brillig said…

    I think I won't click on the pics... they're gruesome enough for me in their small size, thank you. Hope you're recovering okay. Oh, and Gaywood? Hahahaha. I love it.

     
  • On 7/23/2008 8:10 PM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    I think the socks are very becoming. And Gaywood? Sign me UP!

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page