Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

11 August 2008

Made it

Almost a year ago, I weighed 190 pounds. I told myself that because I'm 5'10" tall, that wasn't really bad. But that's a Body Mass Index of 27.3 which, while it isn't Obese, is technically in the Overweight category. Several other factors entered into my decision, but I ultimately decided that it was time for me to drop a few pounds - like 30. That would give me a BMI of 23 which is right in the middle of the Normal category. I started eating smart and slowly my weight came down. But for the past month, I've been stuck at 162 pounds and while that isn't bad at all, it isn't where I wanted to be. Then, when I weighed myself this morning, I saw this:

159.4(Just so you know, I cropped the image because the glass surface of the scale reflected my naked self and this isn't that kind of blog. And because my naked feet took up like half the picture.)

  • On 8/11/2008 3:54 PM, Blogger Suzy said…

    This weekend my BMI bookmarked site came up as an error message. How great that you posted this? And I'm normal. At least on their scale.

     
  • On 8/11/2008 5:06 PM, Blogger She says said…

    Wow, congrats! That's impressive. And I think that for your height, you're definitely in the "svelte" category.

     
  • On 8/11/2008 5:24 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Ummm...for those of you who know me and Suzy, we are referring to "Normal" with regard to Body Mass Index. This is not - repeat NOT - "Normal" on any Mental Index.

     
  • On 8/11/2008 9:54 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Jami, just more evidence of why you totally rock. Congrats!!!

     
  • On 8/11/2008 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you! Congratulations!

     
  • On 8/12/2008 1:17 AM, Blogger none said…

    I need to lose some of my gut. I'm thinking of eliminating crisco as a snack food.

    5-10 and 159..that is downright skinny.

     
  • On 8/12/2008 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great job! I need to work on my weight loss, which has stalled because of summer, vacations, free food, laziness, and procrastination. Glorious, glorious procrastination.

    Oooh, naked feet. I thought it WAS that kind of blog? ;)

     
  • On 8/12/2008 11:19 AM, Blogger heels said…

    Good for you! Now how'd you do it?!

     
  • On 8/12/2008 2:13 PM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    Yay for you! Yay! Yay! Yay!

     
  • On 8/13/2008 5:47 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    PHEW! Thank heavens this isn't that kind of blog! We were worried there for a minute...
    ;)

    Congrats.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page