Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

25 September 2008

Hurricane Season

This is not an original post; I got it from a co-worker, also an Ike victim. This would be a lot funnier if it weren't so close to the truth. I'm allowed to post this, BTW, because I still don't have electricity at my house (that I'm not making with my generator) and if I can't laugh at something, I might just go out and rip down a tree all by myself!


Top Ten Reasons Hurricane Season Is Like Christmas

Number Ten:
Decorating the house (with wood products).

Number Nine:
Dragging out boxes that haven't been used since last season.

Number Eight:
Last minute shopping in crowded stores.

Number Seven:
Regular TV shows pre-empted for 'Specials'.

Number Six:
Family coming to stay with you.

Number Five:
Family and friends from out of state calling you.

Number Four:
Buying food you don't normally buy . . . and in large quantities.

Number Three:
Days off from work.

Number Two:
Candles and lanterns.

And the Number One reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas:
At some point you're probably going to have a tree in your house!

  • On 9/26/2008 2:26 AM, Blogger Little GrumpyAngel said…

    I clicked over from Bloogers Annex. Love your haiku so I thought I'd check you out. It is awesome how humor can help us through difficult times. This is a great post.

     
  • On 9/26/2008 1:02 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    Makes me feel silly for my complaining about our flooded yard of last night!

     
  • On 9/26/2008 6:27 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Yikes, Jami. Funny... and not so. I'm sorry you're all still in a mess down there. Sure you don't want to come up to A2?

     
  • On 9/28/2008 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry things are still so rough down there. But. . .that was really funny.

     
  • On 9/30/2008 1:48 PM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    I cannot convey how lousey I feel for all that you've gone through.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page