Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

06 January 2009

Happy New Day!

Since I have learned to only take one day at a time, I'm not wishing everyone a Happy New Year. Instead, I'm wishing you all a Happy New Day. That way, it's good from now on and doesn't put a lot of pressure on you to make your whole year happy.

I walked into the kitchen this morning after taking the dogs out only to be greeted by two strangers. I asked Redheaded Spouse who they were and she gently reminded me that they were our kids. I hadn't recognized them because they NEVER get up on a school day without a lot of swearing yelling effort on my part and to find them not only awake but dressed and downstairs was more than my brain could process. They started back to school today after what seemed like a year off, and I'm sure the excitement of going back woke them up. It was very nice to all sit down and eat breakfast together, although Pink Guy said, "What do y'all do about now? I've never seen what happens this time of day." I informed him that this time of day is usually devoted to getting my sleepy-headed kids out of bed and that it was just as well that he missed it because it's not a pretty sight.

So, have you picked out what you're going to be reading on Thursday? Start now so you don't waste time then deciding. Maximize your Day to Read!

Day to Read 2009

  • On 1/06/2009 7:35 PM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    My kids are starting to have mornings like that. I never thought they would sleep past 5:30am but now we're seeing some 8am to 8:30am wake-ups.

    Right now I am really enjoying it.

    I'm still up in the air about what to read. Can you believe it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page