Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

15 January 2009

A little story

From my friend Andy comes this little story.

One sunny day late in January, 2009, an old man approached the White House gate from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he'd been sitting on a park bench. He stopped and spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard saying, "I would like to go in and meet with President Bush."
The Marine looked at the man and said, "Sir, Mr. Bush is no longer President and no longer resides here."
The old man said, "Okay. Thank you." and walked away.
The following day, the same man approached the White House gate and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President Bush."
The Marine again told the man, "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Bush is no longer President and no longer resides here."
The man thanked him and, again, just walked away.
The third day, the same man approached the White House gate and spoke to the very same U.S. Marine, saying again, "I would like to go in and meet with President Bush."
The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Bush. I've told you repeatedly that Mr. Bush is no longer the President and no longer resides here. Don't you understand?"
The old man looked at the Marine and said, "Oh, I understand perfectly. I just love hearing it."
The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, "See you tomorrow, sir!"

  • On 1/15/2009 6:44 PM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    I've heard this a few times and it never EVER gets old.

     
  • On 1/17/2009 8:21 PM, Blogger Suzy said…

    I've heard it a few times too but with other people in it like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton BUT it doesn't get old.

     
  • On 1/25/2009 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Old joke - it was funnier ( and truer ) 8 years ago.

     
  • On 1/28/2009 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I don't know, Anonymous. It was new to me, and I think it's funny. I don't think it has a sell-by. Unlike Dubya. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page