Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

05 January 2009

What did I get for Christmas, you ask?

Well, I got some good stuff. I got two pashmina shawls, a jade necklace, new pjs, a metric wrench set and a Barnes and Noble gift card. The gift card is now books. But I also got some not-so-good stuff. I got this:

It's the human rhinovirus - responsible for infecting humans with colds. And yes, this is approximately the size of the virus I had which is why I was sick for most of the time I was on vacation. How convenient that I didn't have to use my sick time to actually be sick! I also got a new facial scar

although, to be honest, I don't think it's going to end up making a scar, but there was plenty of blood and swearing when the big antique hurricane lamp on the table on the right of this picture

fell off the table while I was adjusting the Christmas tree skirt and hit me between the eyes. No, I don't know how it fell. No, I don't know why I was looking up while lying on the floor. Yes, it hurt like hell! Oh, and the lamp is fine - thank you for asking.

So ... how were YOUR holidays?

  • On 1/06/2009 11:17 AM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    Yes - I was wondering about the lamp so I'm glad you let us know that the lamp survived the fall onto your lovely forehead.

    I'm sorry you had such a rough holidays. Our typical rough time is MLK weekend (go figure a family all about social justice typically has a severe ailment that weekend) so I'm bracing myself.

    But back to you (because that is what this is about) - feel better. And damn you have gorgeous eyebrows....

     
  • On 1/09/2009 12:53 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Gorgeous eyebrows? That's the only time anyone has ever told me that! Thanks!! And BTW, I was not wearing any makeup in that picture, so that's real shadow on my wrinkly eyelids, not eye shadow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page