Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

09 January 2009

What did you read?

For yesterday's Day to Read, I read the entire newspaper, finished Scarpetta and read about half of the latest issue of "Discover" magazine. Not as much reading as I wanted to do, but better than no reading at all. What about you? What did you read?

(And just to let you know, I did manage to get the pictures I mentioned in Wednesday's post below to finally load. Then I posted it, but because I forgot to change the date on it, it's now beneath my previous post. Got it?)

  • On 1/09/2009 3:39 PM, Blogger heels said…

    The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz. Well, I read part of it, anyway. I'm about halfway through, and so far completely understand why it won the Pulitzer. It's awesome.

     
  • On 1/09/2009 7:52 PM, Blogger Suzy said…

    I just finished The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. I went to the bookstore today and waLked out with nothing, first time I ever did that. was Scarptta good? Maybe I'll try the Oscar Wao.

     
  • On 1/10/2009 10:58 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    I think I'm going to be posting on this later, but I've been reading books about the food industry, cooking, immigrant experiences in America. And yes, I'm reading them all simultaneously because I'm scattered like that.

     
  • On 1/10/2009 2:47 PM, Blogger Jan Ross said…

    Just hopped over from Bossy and I CAN'T BELIEVE I didn't know about the day to read! I totally would have participated. Although I have to say, as an elementary school librarian and general avid reader, pretty much every day is a day to read for me. I just finished the new Dean Koontz book and forgot how much I liked him so I went back and read two others I had on my book shelf. Uh. Yeah. I read a lot.

     
  • On 1/10/2009 6:57 PM, Blogger I'm Julie said…

    I also just came to visit from Bossy, and I also read every day. But on this particular day, I started a book called "Great Dames", profiles about some influential American women, but couldn't get into it. Then I started "The Fat Fallacy" but I can't really consider health books "reading". So today I am going to find a book book.

    Lovely blog, by the way!

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page