Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

06 February 2009

Free time

Well, it appears that I'm going to have some free time now - I got laid off about an hour ago. Seems the company is having a hard time financially now that its two biggest clients have declared bankruptcy, and I and one other support person were the most expendable. No, I don't know who is going to finish the stuff I was doing. Want to guess if I care? So, I've got about a month to find another job before things get really tight. Wish me luck! (Guess I need to be careful what I wish for, huh?)

  • On 2/06/2009 3:38 PM, Blogger heels said…

    Holy cheese fries! THAT was unexpected!! I guess you have time for that laundry now... Just what you wanted, right?!

    Hang in there. You're a smart cookie and any company should be glad to have you. Good luck.

    XOXO

     
  • On 2/07/2009 9:47 AM, Blogger She says said…

    That totally sucks, and I'm sorry to hear it. You've got good skills and even more drive, so I am sure you'll find something. Things have a way of working themselves out, and I have every confidence that they will for you too.

    Good luck!!!

     
  • On 2/07/2009 1:50 PM, Blogger Suzy said…

    Whoa, did you see it coming? Are all the bloggers going to have to live together one day? I've got dibs on all naps.

    Sorry kiddo, hope it turns around soon.

     
  • On 2/08/2009 2:39 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    That SUCKS, Jami. I'm so sorry. Get The Complete Tightwad Gazette - still $19.97 - the cost is the publication date - I used it when Dave was laid off for several months and it saved us. Literally. We almost went into negative spending.

     
  • On 2/09/2009 1:30 PM, Blogger FriĆ°vin said…

    Geez!! I guess Texas is not immune! Were the companies that went bankrupt in Texas or elsewhere? I think Texas is in much better shape than many other places so I've got my fingers crossed for you

     
  • On 2/09/2009 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *HUGS*

    Sent you an email. :)

     
  • On 2/16/2009 10:28 AM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    Oh my goodness. This is what I get for counting on that little blogger monitoring to tell me when big things are happening.

    Hang in there. I'm sending a hug.

     
  • On 2/18/2009 10:36 PM, Blogger hotdrwife said…

    Oh nuts! I just saw this, sorry honey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page