Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

24 April 2009

Holy crap! A baby in the road!

(OK, I'll tell you right now that the title of this post has absolutely nothing to do with the contents, but if misdirection and come-on are good enough to sell used cars - and they are - who am I to argue with success?)

It's been a month since I was here last and I figured that I at least owed bothall of my readers a short update on my life. First, I'm still unemployed. I did go on one interview that resulted in an offer ... making a salary 60% less than I was making in February. I'm not quite that desperate yet, for a number of reasons I won't go into.

In no particular order, other than this is the order I thought of them, here are some other notable events in my life recently.

Red-headed Spouse fell and cracked two ribs. She essentially couldn't do anything that involved moving her torso, and the only place she was comfortable sleeping was on the couch because she could put her busted ribs over the gap between the cushions. That was a fun 5 or 6 years weeks!

Fireball learned to ride her bike without training wheels and then promptly wiped out on the asphalt road and tore up her hands and knees. Lots of blood then but she's healed now and has even ventured out into the street again.

Pink Guy is failing two subjects and has Ds in two more. He might be repeating seventh grade.

Our oldest dog died in his sleep. He was the same age as Pink Guy - 13.

I kicked a door in the dark with my little toe. The nail fell off a month later.

We still have not put all our Christmas decorations away. It's just the ones inside the house, though, so the neighbors don't think we're lazy or weird or anything. Not for that, anyway.

The automatic transmission in our 9-year-old car went out. We took it to a nationally-known transmission repair shop (BEEP! BEEP!) to get it fixed and were charged an exorbitant price - of course. (Although I will admit that the price wasn't as high as I had feared. So, while we still got screwed at least we got a kiss and lube.) The day after we dropped the car off, the mechanic was road-testing it and ran a red light at an automatic camera intersection. The camera took a picture of the violation, and the city mailed us the ticket. Now we have to go through the hassle of proving that someone other than the registered owner was driving at the time. Oh - and when we got the car back a week later the transmission was still fucked up; fucked up in a different way but still not working correctly. The car is going back to the shop on Monday.

I'm sure there's more good news but that's all I can think of right now. I've probably already repressed the memories of the rest.

  • On 4/25/2009 9:28 AM, Blogger FriĆ°vin said…

    Glad you see you are keeping busy! :-)

    The work thing sucks. After 5 months on the dole I was making about 40% less than in 2007 but I'm pretty happy and fortunate to be where I am now splitting the difference in that 40% more or less.

    Hang in there!

     
  • On 4/25/2009 4:05 PM, Blogger Suzy said…

    Wow, you were busy in the bad news dept, weren't you? Welcome back.

     
  • On 4/26/2009 7:47 AM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    Glad to see that everything's still kopasetic. I just dropped by to let you know that I think of you often and hope you're well. I wish you'd get a job again that flew you out to A2 once in a while! :)

    Love you and miss you.

     
  • On 5/04/2009 8:56 AM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said…

    Woah! Just a big WOAH! And a hug.

     
  • On 10/12/2009 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I am working as a used cars dealer at wineandcars.com Used cars are the best deal to save your currency even better deal can be made with the used car sale by the owners directly. These cars are further cheaper than the normal cars.Also the used cars are accessible with a quantity of the reputed & established brands.
    Used cars should be well checked before buying all the parts should be confirmed with the reliable mechanics also the documents legal procedures should be confirmed with the car dealer or the car owners for sale.They are cheaper than the regular cars. Used cars for sale are the cars hat aren't necessarily in the worst condition as per the mentality of some persons but they are the cars that are in the reasonable lovely quality but the price difference is huge.
    So, get the used cars for sale & save your currency & even get the desired choice of car with the help of dense verity of such cars on WineAndCars.com!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page