Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

25 March 2010

I really hope I'm wrong

I've wanted to post something about all the hateful divisive rhetoric being spouted by the folks on the right, but there's so much of it that I don't even know where to begin. And I know if I start, it's only going to start jacking up my blood pressure and way too many folks out in the blogosphere have covered the subject, so I'm just going to let it go.

I do want to go on the record here, though, and say that I think this whole explosive situation has the potential to go very, very wrong in a way that will hurt this country much worse than 9/11 ever did. That tragedy was inflicted upon us by terrorists from outside and brought us together. If this tragedy occurs, it will be inflicted on us by terrorists from within our own population and it will drive a wedge between us the likes of which we have not seen here since the 1860s. I really, truly hope I'm wrong about this, though. Really.

  • On 3/30/2010 6:52 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Do you know about the Coffee Party Movement, Jami? You might find it interesting... I think I have stuff on my wall about it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page