Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

16 March 2010

Well, I'm back

* blowing dust off *

Well, it's been a while since I was here, but I had to drop back in just to keep the place going. Hopefully, I'll be a little more regular than I have been (but hey, 10 months is still regular, just on a very long cycle) in posting here. I'm also over on FaceBook, but since there's a size limit on posts there, longer stuff will probably be posted here. Oh, and I've also updated my profile picture here to something more contemporary. It was taken in February of 2010.

So, what's been going on? The short version is that I lost my job in February of 2009, went into a tailspin emotionally, recovered and ultimately found another job in December. Now it's just a matter of digging our way out from under the pile of debt that accumulated while we lived solely on unemployment benefits. We were lucky to have amassed some savings and that kept us from actually losing anything but it's been tight. My new job, however, is in Austin which is about two hours drive from our ranchette in the countryside outside Houston. So, I live in an apartment in Austin during the week and commute home on weekends. But because my place in Austin is only five minutes from my job, I actually spend LESS time on the road now than I did commuting between home and job in Houston on a daily basis. And I get every other Friday off, so every other weekend is at least three days long. All in all, it's not bad, and although I DO miss my family, if there's an emergency I can be there with them in two hours.

That's about it. Like I said, I'll try to keep things a little more up-to-date here from here on. Anything interesting been going on here while I was gone?

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page