Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

18 November 2010

Not yet

A number of people have asked me when I'm going to write the book about my life. (No, really!) OK, a book mostly about my transition but my whole life figures into that. Some other people have not asked but told me outright that I have to write the book. Other people have told me that if I'm not going to write the book, I need to write a blog entry about it. Or a series of entries about it. Or about parts of it. Sure. And while I'm at it, maybe I should see if I can fit Queen Victoria's biography into a few blog entries, too? Bottom line? Ain't none of that happening - yet. And the Queen Victoria biography won't ever happen. I'm not doing it, anyway.

I'm truly flattered and surprised that people want to know a lot about me. Or maybe they're just nosy about strange or transgender or brown-eyed people. But see - here's the deal. The entirety of what's happened to me in my 60-plus years, or even in the last third of that time, is more than I can quite get my head around now. And if I can't get my head around it, I can't break it down into chunks that I can break down into sentences made up of words that mean anything when strung together into sentences. See the problem?

Then there's the additional issue of not knowing what the ending is - not of my whole life but the transition part of it, anyway - and this is one story I need to know the end of before I can start to tell it. But soon I will know the end and I will be able to get my head around it. Or at least enough of it to make sense of it. And then I'll tell you the story. Or maybe a couple of stories. But not yet. You'll just have to be patient.

  • On 11/22/2010 2:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You are amazing. I just came over because Kris from Pretty All True just blogged about you. I'm awed and inspired by your honesty.

    I'm Erin. I'm from New Orleans, but have been living in Kansas for 6+ years now. My dad is gay and I have twin girls who are almost 5...I've been tryinhg to make my blog more "real" lately, meaning just that I post about my life and what's going on in my head...and so your blog is really appealing to me. I am following you now & looking forward to learning/reading more about you!

    ;-)
    erin @ the mother load
    http://abbyandizzysmom.blogspot.com
    @erinlynn76

     
  • On 11/23/2010 2:31 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Thank you, Erin! I've always strived to be awe-inspiring. However, I don't ever think I've succeeded. But thank you SO much for saying so. And now I also have to go thank Kris, too.

    Soooo ... Nawlins, eh? One of my favorite cities in this country. I'm assuming that being in Kansas is because of necessity and not desire? And good luck with twins! I'm glad I've got one each (boy and girl) and they're spread out over almost 6 years, but I don't think I could have handled 2 the same age at the same time.

    Please feel free to poke around here all you want. I'd suggest just following the links from "MORE about me" and then just winging it. I'm not sure this blog has a category that it can be slotted into so I never really tried. I just write stuff as it bobs to the surface of my brain.

    I'm glad you stopped in!

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page